cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service very poor

govindadaz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am having trouble just getting a basically strong signal

I am in a rural area...before I was with Koodo, so the same tower is being utilized by Public

I also have a webooster and it isn't picking up any signal either

8 REPLIES 8

@govindadaz 

Toggling airplane mode on/off disconnects and reconnects you to the network. Thats often the reason for a poor signal. Have you had any issues with your texting as well?

govindadaz

Yes same phone

I've set it to 3g...which is supposed to be stronger? i read somewhere...for calls that is

govindadaz

Its a mi max 3 xaoimi 

I have it set to 3g....

thx

@govindadaz 

If you had better signal strength with public mobile at the same location and this has happened recently try putting your phone in airplane mode for a couple of minutes. You could just need to refresh your connection.

I think pm needs to update their coverage map and add the toggle for LTE and HSPA+ so customers actually know how the talk coverage is on public mobile...

it's actually a big difference in the west when you toggle the LTE option off. 

whats the make and model of the device? try resetting your network settings

azeemhaq
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This could be temporary because telecom networks are like machines, they need maintenance too sometime. Normally scheduled maintenance in off peak hours, usually midnight when usage is relatively less, however, sometime sudden unforeseen problem can happen and due to urgent maintenance requirements service can be interrupted temporarily.

If the problem continues for longer time, then probably you should check the same area coverage using another mobile handset. if the problem persists, then probably you could be at low coverage area.

Thanks

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@govindadaz wrote:

I am having trouble just getting a basically strong signal

I am in a rural area...before I was with Koodo, so the same tower is being utilized by Public

I also have a webooster and it isn't picking up any signal either

@govindadaz  Maybe there is a temp problem with the tower. Are you using the same phone that you used when you were with Koodo? Also Koodo supports VoLTE for calling but Public unfortunately does not so maybe that is the problem.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@govindadaz , what you describe is a strange behavior considering Koodo and Public Mobile run on the same network.  The only difference is Koodo supports VoLTE for phone calls on certain models of phones where as phone calls are strictly on 3G for Public Mobile.  

Need Help? Let's chat.