cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Re: Received Erroneous Message from Public Mobile Regarding Plan

@elodiemar @chank @awfmilton That reminds me...the pay your plan by 11:59pm et on this date....on your accounts overview page is incorrect. For some reason this date changed about 6 weeks ago. (It's a known issue!) It is better to refer to the date on your rewards page. Your new cycle starts on: 01/01/01 this date. You have to pay for your plan by 11:59 pm et. the day before your plan renews.

FYI it is best to stay out of your account on the night of your renewal so you don't panic at the warning messages that appear: PLAN EXPIRED and ACCOUNT SUSPENDED. These are normal messages as your plan renews. The rule of thumb is if your services are working dont worry about it. If there is an issue in the morning...reboot your phone that will usually fix any service not working. It's a good habit to get into the day after renewal.

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious 

More useful, interesting info! 👍  It's too bad, though, that PM has so many little random glitches and/or eccentricities in their system, since those sorts of things can turn people off, not only just hearing about them, but ESPECIALLY if they fall victim to them.

awfmilton
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@darlicious so cute! Also, crazy, we got a kitten a few months ago and named her Mittens, but within a week her official nickname was Minty!Mittens, aka: MintyMittens, aka: Minty

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@CannonFodder  there's a reason why Public Mobile plans are so cheap and you're saving money from your last provider it's not perfect here but if you want to save money you have to be will ing to put up with these little glitches and sometimes big glitches. I don't mind at all I already have one free phone and working on the second one.

elodiemar
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Agreed, I have a cheap car and sometimes the brakes have a glitch and don't work but I haven't bothered fixing it because I haven't hit anyone yet. But seriously, we did not switch because of cost but because of features available that we couldn't get with our previous provider. You must be aware of that based on the number of f&f referrals you have accumulated . Regardless, if a glitch can be fixed by correcting some code why not fix it ? Standard business practice, take a good product, make it a great product and bring in more customers. I was not knocking what is already a very good product I was just not aware that the product sometimes has glitches, sometimes small, sometimes big and thanks to your warning I now know I can ignore 611 messages which, for the inexperienced, may be of some concern.

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

@CannonFodder  there's a reason why Public Mobile plans are so cheap and you're saving money from your last provider it's not perfect here but if you want to save money you have to be will ing to put up with these little glitches and sometimes big glitches. I don't mind at all I already have one free phone and working on the second one.

Not entirely true, i.e. I could have switched to a $15 plan with Lucky too, and the ONLY reason I came over to PM, was because the 100 mins. included are only outgoing calls, with unlimited incoming, whereas at Lucky the included 100 mins. is for both. Of course, as it turned out, I got a discount for autopay, and the holiday freebies, so that's essentially a money saver from my last provider, AND as a bonus, which I didn't realize at the time of switching, PM has that $5/500 mins. add-on, which rolls over if not entirely used, so that makes it even better. 👍 

Having said all that, I still stand by what I said before - there's a lot of people, that after reading and/or hearing about these glitches, will be looking elsewhere for cell service. There was one just yesterday, that said he was giving up and going somewhere else. Just too bad they haven't yet gotten what SEEMS like simple problems straightened out..... I don't know, maybe they're working on them.... maybe not.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@CannonFodder wrote:.

Not entirely true, i.e. I could have switched to a $15 plan with Lucky too, and the ONLY reason I came over to PM, was because the 100 mins. included are only outgoing calls, with unlimited incoming, whereas at Lucky the included 100 mins. is for both.

And as has been discovered in another topic recently, outgouing calls to toll-free numbers (ie. 800, 833, 844, 855, 866, 877, 888) do not consume minutes on the $15 plan either. Unofficially of course, so there's always a chance of this changing at any time.

Need Help? Let's chat.