cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: “One or more media attachments were removed“

SusanMarie
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I get that message for all picture messages. The last one I tried to download was only 750 KB. I can send picture messages. I don't have Whatsapp. My APN settings are Mobile Internet: sp.mb.com; Tethered Mobile Internet: sip.mb.com and CA - Public Mobile MMS: sp.mb.com. Cellular Data is on. I have an Alcatel U50 android phone.

95 REPLIES 95

@Anonymous wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@gpixel  Out of curiosity why would adding supl,fota,ia resolve the MMS issue that the OP is having?

Why not? 🙂 The customer's been poking away at this since June 22 without resolution.

supl= APN type for SUPL assisted GPS

ia= APN type used to prevent an initial attach APN from being sent to the modem

fota= APN type for Firmware over the Air.

@gpixel wrote:

@geopublic just hoping it'll work. those are what my settings are. not sure what they're for, but just trying to rule things out

supl= APN type for SUPL assisted GPS

ia= APN type used to prevent an initial attach APN from being sent to the modem

fota= APN type for Firmware over the Air.

@geopublic just hoping it'll work. those are what my settings are. not sure what they're for, but just trying to rule things out

Android Messages is the Google’s official SMS, MMS, RC managing app for Android users. It comes with many features and clean user interface. The app runs on any smartphones with Android 5.0 Lollipop or above. You can send text messages, photos, videos, media to the contacts.

I remember a user saying they weren't able to download the messages app and they had a low budget phone also. in the play store it might not show for them. but if they were to go to apkmirror.com they can download it and it'll probably work. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@geopublic wrote:

@gpixel  Out of curiosity why would adding supl,fota,ia resolve the MMS issue that the OP is having?

Why not? 🙂 The customer's been poking away at this since June 22 without resolution.

@gpixel wrote:

... if your phone doesn't support the app. the play store won't display the app for you.

• open your settings menu
  • tap cellular networks
  • tap "preferred network type"
  • change it to "3g" then try testing

Android Messages is the Google’s official SMS, MMS, RC managing app for Android users. It comes with many features and clean user interface. The app runs on any smartphones with Android 5.0 Lollipop or above. You can send text messages, photos, videos, media to the contacts.

can you also copy this into your apn settings

APN type:

default,mms,supl,hipri,fota,ia

@SusanMarie if your phone doesn't support the app. the play store won't display the app for you. I've also noticed on your screenshots your LTE signal is very bad... if this is your reception at your home, try changing your preferred network type to 3g 

• open your settings menu
  • tap cellular networks
  • tap "preferred network type"
  • change it to "3g" then try testing

if you have other MMS messages from the past go into your messaging app and tap the menu button and open settings. look for "multimedia message limit" and adjust this to the necessary amount

can you also copy this into your apn settings

APN type:

default,mms,supl,hipri,fota,ia

@SusanMarie wrote:

Went to Google Play Store, typed Google Messaging, the only Messaging app there was Messaging Classic, no update button. Will try to figure out how to back up and restore data on my phone before removing my messaging app, in case it deletes all my texts.

@SusanMarie  If your go to the Play store you should be able to see the Google Messages as follows:

GMCapture.PNG

SusanMarie

Went to Google Play Store, typed Google Messaging, the only Messaging app there was Messaging Classic, no update button. Will try to figure out how to back up and restore data on my phone before removing my messaging app, in case it deletes all my texts.

@SusanMarie  try installing a second text app to test with. Search for Textra SMS install it and test. Do not uninstall your original messaging app.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SusanMarie wrote:

If I remove the Messaging app and reinstall it, will it erase all of my previous messages?

This is a thing that geopublic has been trying to get to. Maybe you could find all the conversations that have MMS's in them and delete them. Save the content if you like. Then delete the conversation. Maybe even just one by one starting with the sender that has been the problem.

That and cache and extraneous data in the app. It's just clutter when there's a problem.

SusanMarie

Tried that, I can send picture messages but cannot see/open/download when someone sends one to me.

SusanMarie

If I remove the Messaging app and reinstall it, will it erase all of my previous messages?

SusanMarie

Tried turning off WiFi, keeping data on, retried, still get same message 'one or more media ...'

SusanMarie

My phone only has the app 'Messaging' and the only one that shows in Google PlayStore is 'Messaging Classic' which does not have an update choice, only a download choice.

SusanMarie

switched SIM cards, my phone with other SIM card in it was able to send message with a picture but other phone with my SIM card in it did not receive message at all, and could not send a message with picture either, kept saying 'sending'

@SusanMarie  One more thing to try is to turn off Wi-Fi and make sure data is turned on and try accessing the MMS.

@SusanMarie wrote:

Found Storage & Cache in Messaging, cleared data and cache, restarted, retried, still get same message 'one or more ...'

@SusanMarie  Maybe try with a new MMS ask a friend to send you a new one or trying sending a friend one.

@SusanMarie  Go into the Google Play store type in Google Messages. Select and check to see if there is an update button. If yes select it. Otherwise try removing it and reinstalling it to see if it fixes your issue.

SusanMarie

Found Storage & Cache in Messaging, cleared data and cache, restarted, retried, still get same message 'one or more ...'

@SusanMarie wrote:

No, I don't know how to do that.

@SusanMarie  Do you have access to another phone that you can use temporarily to test your sim with? If yes, just test sending/receiving an MMS if it works then you just have to reset your messages application and it should start working again for you.

SusanMarie

No, I don't know how to do that.

SusanMarie

I tried changing MMS proxy to mmscproxy.mobility.ca, MMSC port to 8799, APN type to default, mms,supl. MVNO value was already set to 4D4F. Restarted phone, retried, still get same message 'One or more medoia attachments were removed.'

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SusanMarie wrote:

do you mean remove 74.49.0.18 and replace it with mmscproxy.mobility.ca for MMS Proxy

and change MMSC port from 80 to 8799 ?

Yes. Just to see. No guarantees. Try it. See what happens.

SusanMarie

do you mean remove 74.49.0.18 and replace it with mmscproxy.mobility.ca for MMS Proxy

and change MMSC port from 80 to 8799 ?

@SusanMarie wrote:

Went to Apps, selected Messaging, force stopped but there was no option there to clear cache or clear data, restarted phone, retried receiving a picture message, still get the original message 'One or more ...')

@SusanMarie  When you go into Apps and select Messages there should be an entry called Storage & Cache select that and the clear data and cache options should appear.

@SusanMarie  Do you keep your apps updated by applying the latest updates from the Google Play store?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SusanMarie 

That's what we're talkin' about. 🙂

So...it all looks right. But there can be variations.

For MMS Proxy try mmscproxy.mobility.ca along with MMS port 8799

Another variation is making the APN Type default,mms,supl

And yet another is MVNO value try 4D4F

There are others. We'll get you through this.

SusanMarie

Went to Apps, selected Messaging, force stopped but there was no option there to clear cache or clear data, restarted phone, retried receiving a picture message, still get the original message 'One or more ...')

SusanMarie

cellular data was and still is on

SusanMarie

Screenshot_20200624-094200.pngScreenshot_20200624-094216.pngScreenshot_20200624-094228.pngScreenshot_20200624-094244.png

Need Help? Let's chat.