cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Question about this Koodo offer for Fall 2016 Promo customers

@bballstufferwrote:

I think by offering an alternative at Koodo with a plan that is same price and has the same features as the Public Mobile plan, you can argue your plan’s price has not been changed.

What is concerning for a lot of us are our referral credits and the autopay credits that we are getting. Unfortunately I don’t think you will find terms and condition that will guarantee you those credits for life.

It's not same features

A plan with flexibility to spend 1GB in first month, 1GB in second and 10GB in third IS NOT the same as UP TO 4GB in each month.

Highlighted

Highlighted

I spoke with CCTS in a live chat conversation and the representative told me that nothing can be done until the proposed changes are active.  

Which means that we have two options:

1. We switch to Koodo prior to March 15, 2018 and take them up on their $40/month offer

or

2. We stay with Public Mobile until at least March 20, 2018 for the price to go up by $10/monthly, then file a complaint with CCTS.  Telecom operators are then obliged to reverse the proposed changes.  

It is pretty clear from the wording provided from previous posts (and the attached screenshot) that Public Mobile has promised that the price for this promotion will not change as long as we remain active customers.  So it is very likely we should be able to keep our plans.  

Screen Shot 2018-02-15 at 3.26.05 PM.png

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yessir, Total joke of a company. I've been on the service for only 6 months now...and getting pushed out already. I think I will stay on the plan because having the lump sum data plan is still more appealing than losing free data to lousy koodo at the end of the month. Considering I also had the same terms of that plan, it is definitely false advertising. There is no way I'm getting billed twice by "telus" in the same month while they take my data and plan that I rightfully signed up for. 

Stick around and then fight back with CRTC and CCTS! 

Highlighted

This!

Stick around and then fight back with CRTC and CCTS! 

Highlighted

No surprises eh? 
Unreal...

@sheytoonwrote:

@ewloowrote:

Does anyone have proof they said it wouldn't change?  I was looking for that but now when I think back I remember it was a lot of people saying that based on their past experiences they hadn't experienced any price increases, and it wasn't actual PM employees. 

Yes, see here:1000.png

Highlighted

I think the issue comes down to whether or not its legal/ethical for Telus/PM to contradict this in their fine print. Regardless, people will have to decide if they want to do business with a company that believes these business practices are okay.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You guys are all crazy. Lets examine these statements made that everyone is quoting right now saying that pm broke.

1.If you have signed up for the promotional plan you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer.

Answer: You DID get to keep it after the promotional period. For a full year to be exact. The last part that says "as long as you are an active customer" isn't a promise for life, it's a condition for keeping the promotional plan after the promo period was over. Which they honored for a year!

2. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan will remain at $120, even after your INITIAL 90 days. No surprises.

Answer: This statement is only a further clarification of what was said earlier. Your plan won't go up after the INITIAL 90 days.............. and it didn't.

In the TOS that shawn posted earlier:

Public Mobile has the right to change ANY terms of service, including rates without notice. Changes become effective 30 days after being posted.

You guys all agreed to these terms by activating your account. End of story.

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Fido is actually a pretty good option, if you also get the Fido Mastercard. It gives 1.5% cashback on all purchases, one of the best in Canada, and it can be used to reduce fido bills. Also there is no foreign exchange fees when purchasing in foreign currency.

Everybody pissed off by public mobile should consider taking their business to Fido.

Highlighted

Nah. They said the price wouldn't go up and then it did. Pretty sure that's an advertising standards issue that fine print in a terms of service can't override. At very least, it's unethical and the company should be called out for it so that other companies don't start treating people like this too.

Need Help? Let's chat.