cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about this Koodo offer for Fall 2016 Promo customers

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sorry, I hate adding to the noise but didn't want my question to get buried in the current threads.

I am on the mentioned plan however I moved last summer when it was targetted to Freedom customers only.

Has anyone else received this text also on the same plan but came over in June of last year and not in the fall of 2016? As of this second I have not received the text nor have two family members also on the same plan.

Specifically, this is the $120/12GB/90 plan.

I know I should wait for things to quiet down a bit but I have several trips planned over the next few weeks so need to get things planned ahead of time. Smiley Indifferent

80 REPLIES 80

CalvinW

PM back at it with their unethical business practices..

johncross
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Watokowrote:

Submitted a CCTS complaint. I encourage everyone to do the same. Feel free to use or modify my response I sent:

Signed up for the lucrative $40/month for 4 GB LTE data a year ago and was told explicitly that there will no changes to the price of the plan as long as I remain an active customer with an active account. I was notified today through text message that this price will increase $10/month, or switch to Koodo to retain the plan. Switching over to Koodo, however would not make up for the cost of lost referral and loyalty credits, as well as the prepaid services I paid for that would be valid well after the date that this "offer" (if you can even call it that), expires.

That's great! Would you be able to add the link to the complaints page in your post? Not that I am banned by Google, but it would make things easier I think:)

remik

I think what Telus is doing is "forcing" people with the $120 plan to Koodo, so that all is left in the end are the "light users" then they will get a text in a couple months saying if you want to continue getting 4G speeds then you'll need to go to koodo otherwise you'll be knocked down to 3G speeds, once that happens public's plans will be identical to Shat-R and unLucky in terms of price and data speed. Why did we expect any different when they do the same with Koodo/Fido/virgin and Telus/Rogers/Bell

johncross

@BigDwrote:

Then we need to let CRTC to fix the issue for us 😞

And we will. I mean don't get me wrong, they've probably run this shameful idea by their legal department prior to launching the attack on their clients, so what are the chances right? But I can clearly see a group action and a lot of headacke for both sides. 

Watoko

Submitted a CCTS complaint. I encourage everyone to do the same. Feel free to use or modify my response I sent:

Signed up for the lucrative $40/month for 4 GB LTE data a year ago and was told explicitly that there will no changes to the price of the plan as long as I remain an active customer with an active account. I was notified today through text message that this price will increase $10/month, or switch to Koodo to retain the plan. Switching over to Koodo, however would not make up for the cost of lost referral and loyalty credits, as well as the prepaid services I paid for that would be valid well after the date that this "offer" (if you can even call it that), expires.

Submit your complaint here: https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/

BigD

Then we need to let CRTC to fix the issue for us 😞

koimr1

@BigDwrote:

Dear PM, could you please let us know when the offer would be expired? I have already paid until May 2nd, can I waiting until then without price increasing?

Unfortunately it expires Mar 15. 😞

They pull this trick out sooner than everyone thought. Smiley Happy

It is going to screw many customers.  Just like legacy plan.   

The probably want to scrap this public mobile thing soon.

BigD

Dear PM, could you please let us know when the offer would be expired? I have already paid until May 2nd, can I waiting until then without price increasing?

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Yes youd loose those referral credits.

I also just renewed and got the text saying my bill is going up $10/month

bruor

I'm pretty sure you lose your referral rewards if the people you referred leave PM too right? 

johncross

Can't know what their intentions are, it makes sense what you're saying. But first I thought the $100 credit is to compensate for me loosing all the rewards. Not only I am loosing what's been charged for 90 days, but also with Koodo every month I am going to pay [40] instead of [40 minus loyalty minus referals]. 

I hear some voices saying if your rewards are more than $10 than you should stay with PM because it's still going to be cheaper than moving to Koodo. Mathematically it's correct. But in reality they are just throwing their promised in the water and stripping me of all the rewards. Not sure I could trust Telus after all this happening. Shame! I better go to antoher voulcher, but don't pay my money to these liars. 

BigD

Not cool at all.

bruor

Does anyone know how the activation on the koodo side works?   Can I sign up with this promo and just wait until closer to my plan expiration before I finish the koodo process and become a prepaid customer or does this get activation ASAP once you receive their kit etc? 

bballstuffer

I think that;s why they are offering a one-time credit at Koodo for $100, is to basically compensate you for being forced to move to Koodo before your plan is over

johncross

So they are sending out this "offers" right after they charge your Credit Card for 90 days. Not sure if this is legal - will ask CRTC later today. Just imagine this - if I got their SMS last week, probably I would've moved to Koodo. Now I feel like they want to steel my money, and move me to the plan where all my loyalty / referal bonuses are going to be lost. We were loyal to PM, but Telus is not loyal to us. Shame! 

koimr1

Thanks, friends. If I could I would've accepted all of you as "Solutions". 🙂

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

We are awaiting confirmation on this matter as well. If i hear back, i will post. 

habs33

Both me and my GF have that plan and just got the text. Not too happy about it

smp99

Yes - 2 mentions of people who came over on the Freedom promo have received notice about the price increase

Need Help? Let's chat.