cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Oracle

Re: Public Mobile is overstating my data use by 10x

@soaringhawkwrote:

Good for you. Maybe I am just unlucky, but its been nothing but troubles. And, the CCTS agrees with me, that's why they have approved my case against Public Mobile:    

"We have received your complaint 00000000851961 and hereby advise you that your complaint falls within the scope of our mandate and will be processed in accordance with our Procedural Code, which can be found at..."

Are you a neophyte with CCTS complaints?  When they say that the complaint falls within the scope of their mandate, it does not mean you have won your case.  It just means that the scope of their mandate allows them to review your complaint and provide a ruling.  When you get the actual ruling, please report back the results.  We can discuss further from there.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Here is the cell data usage on the phone for the last year. PM is stating i used 25% of my data in three weeks. explain this

image2.PNGimage1.PNG

Highlighted

Here is further evidence. The last time I reset my phone was late March of 2017, and I have only used 26.1 GB data. PM is telling me I used 25% of that in three weeks. The other app is also showing overstating data use by 10x.
image2.PNGimage1.PNG

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Public mobile is overstating your data usage 10x, and a separate monitoring app is also overstating your data usage 10x. Have I got that correct . 

Highlighted

and i am not sure about my recent trip to NYC, where i bought and used a 3GB T-mobile sim card and was on it pretty much constantly, figuring out the subway and watching netflix without wifi - if cell data stats aren't cleared when the SIM card is changed out, then my data use with PM is even less

btw, yes when it comes to dealing with CCTS I am a TOTAL NEOPHYTE - i have never, ever had to resort to such measures with any cell phone company in the US or Canada, period!!!

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@soaringhawk, your usage results and experience is not what I’ve experienced here.  Since joining in summer 2016, I’ve had very few issues, but they were resolved quickly, and properly.

Not sure which data plan you’re on, but there has been know issues with the so-called 3G reduced plans renewing, and this could be what your wife experienced.  I’m not saying it’s okay, but the service was fixed for you, and shouldn’t happen again.

i hope you find what you’re looking for, but I will be staying here.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

I'm not an iPhone user so I'm genuinely curious. How come it says current period/lifetime 9 days and 5 hours? What does that mean in relevance to the data usage?

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

What is the system services 6gb?

your on apple I know but when I first got a google phone it use to upload everything to the cloud (pics contacts videos)... I ran through GB of data and couldn't figure out why

look into turning off auto back up esp via mobile network (in the background)... Wifi only etc.

as stated also turn off wifi assist as it will use the mobile network when wifi is slow or choppy. You may have been watching movies youtube at home and ran through data. 

Highlighted
Oracle

tenor

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

Highlighted

No, that's not it. Today I got notice that I used up 95% of my data use, but if you see the attached screenshots, I haven't used my data (<0.1 GB in >24 hrs).

It's amazing how rude people are (not you) on this forum when I have claimed issues.

image1 3.PNG

image1.PNGimage2.PNG

Need Help? Let's chat.