cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Re: I am being charged for LD when I haven't used it.

@Pedror0231 

Thanks for posting the screenshot. So unless as suggested by @z10user4 that you have had the add on for a very long time and had previously used minutes to call Mexico ( presumably) then there would be an issue. Is it possible to have been used shortly after purchase? I see you do not have the "more the merrier" international long distance add on gifts on your account. Have they been consumed as well? Does anyone else have access to your phone who might have made long distance calls?

Meow
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Pedror0231 wrote:

It is for the international long distance minutes. I have made no international calls for five months. My wife is in Mexico taking care of sick family and we use Facebook voice calls over wifi.

Excuse my ignorance but what is 'Facebook voice calls over wifi'?

I do not use Facebook but if I have need to do international video/voice call I use Viber or Fongo or TextNow.

hTideGnow
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Meow 

Yes,Facebook has voice call and video calling just like Whatsapp.   Make sure you install "Messenger" (a separate app from Facebook app). 

hTideGnow
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Pedror0231 PM charging Facebook voice call for LD?  Facebook voice card does not call any phone number at all.  It's only a voice over data to the apps on another party, there is no way thre is long distance charge.

What I can think of on a possible situation is that your wife might have click on the phone number of the FB user's profile , that would cause your phone to use the Phone app and made the call. and that would trigger the LD.  But if this is the case, the call wasn't made through FB app

Meow
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@hTideGnow wrote:

@Meow 

Yes,Facebook has voice call and video calling just like Whatsapp.   Make sure you install "Messenger" (a separate app from Facebook app). 

Thank you for clarification and no thank you to install anything related to Facebook nor Whatsapp. Too many breaches and issues with these two...

I will stick with what I use.

Need Help? Let's chat.