cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
osama12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Fraud Alert! Why was my Thread deleted!

This is my offical thread which was deleted, not sure why they deleted my thread but I have created another one. Pleaes help me guys!   Fraud Alert!

Hello guys my name is Osama and I have 4 lines working with public mobile, all in my family.

So one of the account =========== didn't make the payment for 3 weeks and the account got disable. When I tried to log in the website it's saying, 

"Sorry ,your login has been disabled. Please visit the online Community at  for assistance."

So I wrote a email to MOD to please fix the problem so I can log in and make the payment, but this MOD (Ashley) told me,

I'm sorry, but it seem that the account in question has been suspended, because the device has been report lost/stolen. For this reason, you will not be able to access your self-serve account, until the account is reactivated. " 

I asked her how reactivated the account and she replies,

"

To reactivate your account, you must pay $128.82  in the form of CERTIFIED CHEQUE or MONEY ORDER (NO OTHER PMT METHOD WILL BE ACCEPTED), Payable to P****M*****. You must mail it to 320 Bay**** St Suite 201 Barrie, ON L4M 3C* Regards, Ashley"

But here is the fishy part, I ask her why not accpet visa or mastercard, she repies by saying, " 
Your account has been suspended for suspicious activity.   You will have to do as instructed, to have it reactivated.   - Ashley"

Now she is saying it's been suspeneded for suspicous activity but before she was saying it was lost or reported stolen. When I still have the sim card and the phone in my house. She is playing games with me I think she wants to cash this cheque to herself. 

She is clearly lying with me and playing games. Please help She seems like a scan girl to me. Please guys help how do I get my account back without sending her a cheque. 
osama11
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Fraud Alert! Why was my Thread deleted!

This is what they are saying now,

Seems like you canceled a payment that was made to renew your plan. Meaning that you topped up, renewed your plan, used your services and then canceled the payment through your credit card. 

When our payment department noticed, they suspended your account. In order for us to reactivate it, we are simply asking you to pay for these services you used. 

Thanks, 

osama11

I on the other hand want to pay back whatever I own but they started with lies after lies, Ashley told me so many different stories, I didn;t know how to believe, now I am trying to get hold of my bank to see what went wrong, they didn;t write me a email or tell me at the start this was the reason, even if this is the reason why can't I log in and make the payment, and when they fianlly do receive the payment then reactivated me. I am so confused. Ashley wanted a cheque.

PBForMe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Perhaps the credit card registered to your account was reported lost/stolen and your payment to PM mistakenly got labeled as a fraudulent charge?  

Which would explain why they insist on a cheque not a credit card. 

osama11

NO! it was not stolen, she is saying it was the right credit card but then she said I called in my credit card and told them this is fraud company, but why would i do that I have 4 lines with them. I never had this problem. I would never do that. I want to pay with my credit card, I am not the scamming type of person who would steal other people's credit card and use it. This is not me but I am clearly getting that labled on to my head here. 

PBForMe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Well then the issue is clearly with your credit card company not PM. You need to figure out why there was a chargeback which is what it sounds like. 

osama11

Credit Card is fine, everything is fine, There was a first thread about Fraud Alert I had going on but someone deleted it, one of the MOD name Ashley wants me to send her a cheque so she can cash it, do you think that sounds right to you? 

Luddite
Oracle

Confirm with your credit card company to see what has happened to the last payment made to Public Mobile. If the payment has been reversed than you will need to follow their instructions to recover your account. The members here CANNOT assist you with account related issues.

This is going to take a while to sort out, so, if you need to make phone calls try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi.

Good luck.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. Je ne suis pas un moderateur.
MarieHelene_L
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hey @osama11

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us Smiley Happy

Don't worry, my colleague Ashley is not trying to steal any money from you. This is the procedure instructed by our payment department we have to follow in these situations. 

Your account is currently suspended due to suspicious activities. Your account is currently in the 'Lost/Stolen' state as it is the only way for us to manually suspend your account. We know you did not actually lost your phone and that is not what Ashley intended to say, sorry about the confusion. 

So, as she mentioned, the only way to get your account back up and running is to follow the instructions given to you via private message. Don't worry - the address Ashley gave you isn't her personal address. You're not sending this cheque to her directly, you're sending it to our offices in Ontario. 

This is the common procedure when an account is suspended for suspicious activities and if the payment isn't received within the next 30 days, your account will get deactivated. 

Thank you for your understanding, 

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*
NDesai
Oracle

Indeed it seems somewhat fishy because of check payment. There is something called voucher that can be easily used to add funds to PM account. 

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.