ToniCipriani
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: 6GB for $40 now being offered for Koodo switch

@Wonder_whywrote:

@saje_wardwrote:

@Wonder_whywrote:

I don't have to pay for Sim card 😄😃👍👊

How?

@saje_ward Free SIM offer code is PM-SIM-0. 

But can combine with thr 6GB code?

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

@srlawren, @Xevyn

On native Bell/Telus RAN, the coverage is identical.

I don't know much about the domestic roaming scenario, but I've also heard it's better with Koodo.

@ToniCiprianiwrote:

@Wonder_whywrote:

@saje_wardwrote:

@Wonder_whywrote:

I don't have to pay for Sim card 😄😃👍👊

How?

@saje_ward Free SIM offer code is PM-SIM-0. 

But can combine with thr 6GB code?

Online, only one code can be used for an order.  But that doesn't really make a difference because PM-SIM-0 is reported by the Koodo order system as being invalid, regardless.

JUNA1D5HAH
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am so confused. Not sure what to do.

If we stay with PM, what will happen eventually?

If we switch to Koodo, how long will we get to keep the $40/6GB plan?

This is  a real dilemma.

I currently have two accounts with PM and only paying $33 and $35 per month for the 4GB plan.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Please and Thank You.

Luddite
Oracle

@JUNA1D5HAH It is impossible to forecast what will come down the road. You must weigh the options, gain/loss, and decide for yourself. With 2 promo accounts you stand to be paid:

- $200 in transition credit ($100 each account)

- $300 in referral rewards ($100 for activating Koodo 1st line, $100 for yourself and for the second line that you activate)

Check out this thread: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Maximizing-referral-credits-when-going-to...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. Je ne suis pas un moderateur.
Xevyn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@JUNA1D5HAHwrote:

I am so confused. Not sure what to do.

If we stay with PM, what will happen eventually?

If we switch to Koodo, how long will we get to keep the $40/6GB plan?

This is  a real dilemma.

I currently have two accounts with PM and only paying $33 and $35 per month for the 4GB plan.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Please and Thank You.

I'm in the same boat.  I'm leaning towards staying with PM and if something really bad happens after March 15th then I'd rather switch to a different provider altogether instead of Telus/Koodo.  I feel like they are creating so much unnecessary stress/anxiety on both themselves and PM customers by offerring different promo offers.  Why not just offer all of us the same deal instead of having one promo one day and then another promo the next - this just reeks of underhandedness and doesn't leave me with a great first impression of Koodo.  If they could change promos that quickly/easily then what's stopping them from doing the same with the monthly plan??

blingamo

London drugs was ( after 45 minutes)unable to make the switch to Koodo using the PM promo code; even with the help of a supervisor. At one point a PIN number was requested for the PM account where only a password is available.

Suggest for PM to extend thew Promo by a monthe so one can order the Koodo SIM on line and then do a On-Line application.

The Koodo Kiosks are too far away from my area.

I have suggested same to a PM moderator assuming PM management is listening in.

Luddite
Oracle

@blingamo Just do it all online; SIM arrives in 5-10 days. Someone on RFD posted an excellent summary of the online activation process:
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/targeted-public-mobile-12-120-koodo-6gb-40-no-referrals-2173603/297/...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. Je ne suis pas un moderateur.
ericdvan

It's the exact same network. I switched and feel no difference in speed/signal strength at all.

ericdvan

I got in as little as a 12mins phone call (including being on hold). To anyone who is already on the 40$/5GB plan and wants 40$/6GB plan, call in and they should give it. For me it was really easily, I asked nicely and they said yes lol.

Need Help? Let's chat.