Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6GB for $40 now being offered for Koodo switch

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Just got a text 6GB for $40

GOKOODO406GB

ublic Mobile here. Con: A deal this good won't last too long. Pro: 6GB for $40. That's right, an extra 2GB! We're all about giving you choice, so if you're craving more data for the same price, join Koodo by March 15. Get 6GB of data, unlimited text and unlimited Canada-wide minutes for $40/month plus you may qualify for a $0 phone with the Koodo Tab. And get a one-time $100 bill credit! Offer valid for . Redeem at your nearest Koodo location or online at https://koo.do/gocustomer-service. Show this msg and use promo code GOKOODO406GB to redeem along with 2 pieces of ID. Your phone number is your validation code. You're included on the list for Public Mobile offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe. Conditions apply.

475 REPLIES 475

Jonavin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Darkana wrote:

Lol sounds like they are flip flop in I thought it was same company shows changing the name brings more customers good ole marketing 

Frankly I would’ve never been a PM customer prior to the Telus acquisition. It wasn’t because the brand was bad or that pricing wasn’t good. It was a technology they chose that we all knew was a dead end. And not only that they got the most obscure spectrum band that only a handful of phones support, even less choice than WIND.

I celebrate when they shutdown CDMA networks in Canada.

Hubert71
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I didn’t make the switch to Koodo but when I entered my number, it was all checked. I joined PM end of July, so about 3 weeks.

Darkana
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Lol sounds like they are flip flop in I thought it was same company shows changing the name brings more customers good ole marketing 

Darkana

Jarvar

Does anyone know how long exactly you have to be with Public Mobile to eligible for these promotions? I just signed up yesterday, but the validation code (my PM number) doesn’t seem to work.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I love how this article pops up every few months in the community and someone things PM is shutting down Robot LOL Robot LOL Robot LOL  It's the gift that keeps on giving

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Jonavin

@elp wrote:

To late for me. Bad connection 3G. After 2 month's, spending more then 100 $.

Read :

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/teluss-decision-to-shut-public-mobile-angers-cons...

D'ont Tel'us.

Old article about old CDMA 1900 Extended network that wasn’t even well supported by many devices.  I’m glad they shut that down. This has nothing to do with what’s happening today. Even the “3G” they sell today is just throttled LTE.

Kaiyo

@elp wrote:

Read :

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/teluss-decision-to-shut-public-mobile-angers-cons...

D'ont Tel'us.

Article doesnt even say what was updated....

..and Berlin? 

mimmo

@elp that article was published in 2012. It was updated in May 2018 not sure what the updates were....

elp

Read :

D'ont Tel'us.

torontokris

Let the kijiji sales of this plan begin.... Saw a couple already

@srlawrenwrote:

@martina a few were able to but they seem to have cracked down on that loophole more recently. 

I've read about that too.  It looks like that some people did get away with getting more than one Koodo plan using the same promo validation code.    There have been reports of Koodo customer service and in-store employees refusing the activate the plan unless the customer ported over the same Public Mobile phone number during activation.  Recently, it appears that some people have been receiving e-mail messages from Koodo saying that the plan could not be activated because the validation code had already been used once.

srlawren

@martina a few were able to but they seem to have cracked down on that loophole more recently. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

torontokris

Last day...

Kaiyo

@martinawrote:

Thank you everyone for your help regarding the Koodo switch!

I am eligible for the Koodo plan, and will bring my own phone.  My husband recently dropped his phone and needs a new one.  He is not eligible for the Koodo switch as he is with Rogers.  Do you think it would be possible for me to get the Koodo plan and a new phone (on a tab) and then give my husband the new phone to use with his Rogers SIM card?  

In fact, I would love for him to cancel his Rogers plan... is there any way I can get him on this Koodo plan as well?  For example, has anyone been able to order the Koodo plan multiple times by doing separate orders, but using their PM number as the validation code each time?

If you had done it earlier (before mid march) you would have been able to get this plan 2 or more times. It's too late to do that now as Koodo has locked down the registration of the promo/ verification code to only one use. 

You can get a phone on medium tab with this plan and give your husband the phone to use. All phone comes unlock from carriers now. 

If you need a referral let me know, we both get $25 credit. 

@martina, yes you can get a new phone and let your husband use it.  The promo code can only be used once by each phone number that is used for the verification code.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

martina

Thank you everyone for your help regarding the Koodo switch!

I am eligible for the Koodo plan, and will bring my own phone.  My husband recently dropped his phone and needs a new one.  He is not eligible for the Koodo switch as he is with Rogers.  Do you think it would be possible for me to get the Koodo plan and a new phone (on a tab) and then give my husband the new phone to use with his Rogers SIM card?  

In fact, I would love for him to cancel his Rogers plan... is there any way I can get him on this Koodo plan as well?  For example, has anyone been able to order the Koodo plan multiple times by doing separate orders, but using their PM number as the validation code each time?

srlawren

@Firefly42 on that plan you are on, you might have qualified for a different Koodo migration plan which was $45 for 4gb, Canada-wide calling and global texting, but I don't think that offer was extended past March 15th so you would have missed it. 

Kaiyo

@Firefly42wrote:

I am

go to koodomobile.com > shop> bring your own device. Then add a sim card to your cart during check out use GOKOODO406GB and then another textbox should pop up. Use your PM phone number, if it works you can get this deal

Firefly42

Sorry mine was $135 I missed the $120 deal

Firefly42

I am

twest666
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Firefly42wrote:

How do you get this deal?  I didn' receive the offer?

It is only for those that signed up during the promo for 12Gb/90 days for 120 dollars that was offered a little more than a year ago. If you are not on that plan it is not possible. Period.

srlawren

@Firefly42 you had to be on the $120 90 day plan that includes 12Gb of data, province wide calling, and global texting. 

Firefly42

How do you get this deal?  I didn' receive the offer?

srlawren

@panzoodle please check your private messages, i just sent you a referral link. 🙂

panzoodle

refer me

srlawren

@DSoullierewrote:

What is not clear to me is if I can activate after my Public Mobile credit runs out, or if there is a time limit, given that I still have nearly 3 months. Any ideas?

@DSoulliere you won't have a lot of choice around activation date.  If you do it in store, you'll need to visit by the 31st, and they will need to activate it right way.  If you order online and place the order on or before the 31st, you can defer it a bit longer.  I'm not sure how backed up they still are but a couple of weeks ago they were looking at about a 10-day wait between placing an order and it shipping.  So that should buy you some time.  But by the time the SIM card arrives to you, it will already be activated.  They do this about a day or so after shipping it, so it's ready to go when you receive it.  So effectively you will be looking at giving up around 2 months of service, give or take (depending on exactly how recently you renewed, and how long it actually takes them to ship and activate).  That's what the $100 bill credit is meant to compensate you for, so in your case you may come out about even, again give or take a little.  So you'll have to look at it for the longer-term benefit:  could you use the extra data?  Could you make use of the Canada-wide calling?  Access to international roaming?  Access to call centre or retail kiosks for support?  Access to tab for hardware purchase financing?  If so, then by all means, go for it! 

If you decide to take the plunge and need a referral code (we each would get a $25 bill credit in 8-10 weeks after you actvite and complete the referral), send me a private message and I'd be happy to help.

EDIT: I just heard that they are basically caught up.  Someone I know placed an order yesterday and it shipped today.

Kaiyo

@DSoullierewrote:

What is not clear to me is if I can activate after my Public Mobile credit runs out, or if there is a time limit, given that I still have nearly 3 months. Any ideas?

This migration plan expires at the end of the month. So you would have to get this plan soon. But you can get the plan and port your PM number over later. You should have gotten this plan couple days before your PM renewal, a couple weeks ago?

DSoulliere

Kaiyo

@Darkwrote:

Just got a text a few minutes ago still my number is not validating online. Do you think if I sign up at a store they could manually override if I verify I am on the correct PM plan?

Possibly. When did you buy the plan from someone and ported? Did you try to contact a PM mod?

Remember to use/start referral process before doing it.

Need Help? Let's chat.