Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM PIN Lock found! 1234!

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

So the eSIM Pin lock is 1234! 

And then what is a PIN on SIM?

If you enable it in your cellular settings, you will have to punch in the default PIN (Aka 1234 for public mobile)

And it prevents:

1. When a thief turns off your phone or it reboots the SIM will be rendered useless until the PIN is entered correctly. You only have 3 tries.
  2. Once they remove it from your phone and insert it into their device and re-insert it back in your phone it will show up "Locked SIM"
  3. Also if the thief installs it into their phone they must enter the SIM PIN to unlock it for use on their devices however - this cannot apply to eSIMS at all. Only applies to physical SIM.
5 REPLIES 5

dwh1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'm not sure there's much value in locking an eSIM, since it can't be removed from the device and installed on another device; it can only be deleted outright.

Instead I'd strongly suggest people use a strong and not-easily-guessable phone passcode (6 characters) coupled with enabling their phone's "erase on too many mistakes" setting to protect the entire phone , including the eSIM, in case of theft.  If you also set up face/touch authentication, the day to day impact of having a strong passcode is minimal, and it really is the best thing you can do to protect your phone.

fixin1

@LitlLdy - I immediately changed the PIN once I found it out. It is a nice feature to have incase you don't have a device to access my account on and the thief cannot make calls / use data unless they enter the PIN.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@fixin1 , just remember to change it to a pin # that you can remember. If you leave it at 1234 it defeats the purpose of doing it since all people need to do is type in 1234 and use the SIM 🤣

I have my SIM locked as well as my iPhone.

fixin1

@hTideGnow - I was just trying out a PIN lock of " 1234 " on my eSIM from others on the community saying "1234" is default on the Physical SIM lock, so I tried it out and typed in "1234" on the SIM lock section and the eSIM locked and worked right away!

Dunkman replied to a post a couple months ago about eSIM pin and they said that it was 1234 for the SIM PIN for physical and was unsure if it applied with eSIMS also, so I just tried it out and it worked.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @fixin1 

curious, where you got the esim pin is 1234 from?

Need Help? Let's chat.