cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM SIM not working in my phone

rdulvy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently bought an iPhone 13 from Marketplace from a guy and it worked smoothly for 2 months on Public Mobile SIM, then suddenly it showed SOS instead of the signal bars on the 3rd of Dec, I thought it was the newest iOS that was causing issues, reverted back to the previous one, same issue, swapped another operater sim card, same issue.

Someone suggested for me to check the IMEI, it turned out to be blacklisted.

I found out that it was blacklisted by Bell Mobility, so called them up, talked to the agent and then to their fraud department and they said the IMEI went to the blacklist on the 30th of Nov, but the same day it was removed from that list and now it is showing un-locked on their end, but still it was showing SOS on my end, but they were insisting that I talk with someone at PM.

I gave it three days, thinking that it took three days for them to block, maybe it would take three days to get in un-locked.

Now today I inserted my KeepGo SIM in it (which was previously not working and showing SOS) and it gave me signal bars and works fine with it (it uses Rogers network) but when I insert my SIM car or my wife's PM SIM, it doesn't work and shows SOS on it.

It shows Public Mobile in Cellular section of settings and the strange thing is there is "No SIM restrictions" in Carrier Lock, so it is not locked to Bell network, so how do I go about it? Any suggestions? Do I need to get that unblocked from PM? If yes, then how do I do that? As it was working fine with a PM SIM before.

3 REPLIES 3

CGO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Select PM as service provider on phone, then contact CSA if still issue.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@rdulvy 

Only advice I can give here is to never buy a used mobile device from an unreliable or unknown source.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@rdulvy 

With blacklisted phone, it could take sometime for carrier to update their database

It is good that it works on  KeepGo network.   You might want to give it couple more days for PM and Telus network.

If you want, you can also open ticket with PM support and have them to check their blacklist database again

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Add: 

It is a single blacklisted database that all Canadian providers download from.  So, no need to call PM to take it off if it has been taken off already

Need Help? Let's chat.