cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is it ok to take 15 days to refund a double payment when it took seconds to take it?

Rhuard
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

There should be a way to get your refund within 24 to 48 hours. I was double charged to top up my account which leaves me short on other bills I need to pay. So, when it is their mistake for taking extra, in seconds, why take so long at refunding? Yes there is an option to leave it on my account for next bill but when things are tight I cannot be doing that. So, I am a little disappointed at this. Anyone else?

7 REPLIES 7

@Rhuard 

try prepaying for your bill 1 week ahead of time to avoid future issues. you will still qualify for the $2 reward. just pay the full amount until you build up enough rewards for a free bill and then skip a month

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rhuard : I don't think you'll find disagreement around here or anywhere. I've seen refunds take up to 6 weeks in another context. Heck...try airlines or hotels during a pandemic. The rich get richer.

Rhuard

Yes that is fine but if they are aware of this they should fix it or be willing to send back the money asap and not 15 days later. Some websites will let you know you already made the payment if you happen to click again. For a service that mostly deals with Cell phone users, their website should reflect just that because it's been years of mobile available websites!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Rhuard

The best advice I can give you is to have serene patience when making a top up payment. I had that very same thing happen to me a couple of months ago. You click submit and it looks like it didnt work so naturally you click again and suddenly a double payment happens! At least now I know what it looks like to avoid it in the future.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@Rhuard wrote:

They acknowledged i was charged twice within seconds. Now I am waiting to be refunded for 15 days!

It is always like that not only with PM. Companies are fast to take your money but slow to refund.

Usual advise is Not to ask for refund if money is on PM account as it will be used on next renewal as refund processing time could be up to 4 weeks.

Rhuard

They acknowledged i was charged twice within seconds. Now I am waiting to be refunded for 15 days!

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Rhuard    Just to clarify you actually were double charged and it was not a pending charge shown twice on your on CC?  Sometimes charges appear more than once during the first two or three days when viewing your online CC but the duplicate charge will drop off shortly afterwards.

I can definitely sympathize on getting double charged and not getting a timely refund if you are on a tight budget and yeah there should be a quicker refund available once it's been cleared by PM that you were erroneously charged.

Need Help? Let's chat.