cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Telus prepaid more expensive then PM?

Deleted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Having problems with my PM account so considered switching to Telus may solve my problem without having to get a new cell number. However Telus plans are much more expensive. Wonder why?

6 REPLIES 6

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Deletedbig reason Telus more expensive is the live support and that Telus has shareable data and family discounts with 2 or more lines 4 lines and each account gets $15 off the plan price . And if you needed a phone on the spot you can walk into any Telus store and get a new phone 

HI @Deleted   

you are right.  I notice after activation, people rarely need to call agent again

But of course, PM Autopay sometimes fails and that is not good, make people nervous and then people want agent, but upset that they cannot find one to talk to  

Deleted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

99.9% of cell phone users have no need for support and just use their cell phones.

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Deleted PM is a discount provider so they charge less and there is less support.  Telus will give you more support and can justify a higher cost.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Deleted - it is normally less expensive for the lower tiers of main company's brands.

esjliv_0-1688145117356.png

Support here is online either in the Community OR connect with Public Mobile Support agents.

No phone number or instore help with Public.

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Telus is a 1st tier provider.  They also offer a call center to customers.  We have a community instead and we manage our own accounts but benefit with better pricing.

Need Help? Let's chat.