cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Telus network

MissJ
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a new phone and to set it up, asks which wifi network will we be using. Telus is the general answer, but specifically, is it Telus2596, 5017 or 3E87, 6635; or maybe another one? Would you be so kind to let me know which one to choose for Vancouver, Canada?

18 REPLIES 18

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Agree.  As soon as members learn how the PM self-serve support system works, members-helping-members model.  It is fast and easy to get the information by just asking 24/7.  No waiting on hold for hours.

When an issue/problem requires accessing member's account, create a support ticket for CSA to get issue/problem fixed.

MissJ

Dear Darlicious,

Oh, yes, thank you. Public Mobile is most generous and I've recommended them to my friends. These friends have also been regaled with the heartwarming story of being in a quandary, joining this wonderful community and how kind everyone has been.

Happy New Year, everyone!

Miss J

@popping 

Lol....I didn't even know about the telus rewards until about a year ago or so but they had automatically enrolled me. A bill credit is the best use of the rewards program but at 2% it's not exactly enticing but is better than nothing I suppose.

@MissJ 

Public Mobile's rewards are way more lucrative and was the main selling point other than lower prices for me to switch from telus and freedom to pm as my mobile provider. Telus may reward me with $1 or $2 each month once I pay my bill but pm pays both of my phone bills every 30 days and rewards me with an extra $2 to $7 to boot. Now that's what I call rewards program!

MissJ

Dear Popping,

Thank you for your kind welcome and for the advice with regards to Telus points. 

The Public Mobile service is excellent, and the community is just lovely.

What a splendid way to see in 2022.

Ta,

Miss J

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@MissJ 

If you have Telus home internet with another home service like Optik TV or home phone, you can join the free Telus Reward program by collecting points from your monthly payment.  1 point = $1.  You can get Amazon GC with your points or enter contests to win TV or cellphone.

https://www.telus.com/my-rewards/

Unfortunately, PM service is not part of Telus Rewards.  But I love to redeem 50 points to pay $50 of my Telus bill.  I am not a gambling person, I do not use my points for contests.

I called Telus support to join the Telus Rewards.  CSR gave me 20 points to start with the program. IIRC.

Welcome to PM and have a happy new year.

MissJ

Dear Darlicious,

Thank you for your lovely post and for the information on how to tag, or, "just keep typing til you do", which really made me laugh.

Wishing you a fabulous 2022.

Ta,

Miss J

@MissJ 

Lol....Ive been in that tool shed before....and in your shoes when I first joined the community with my trusty flip phone in hand. A large learning curve later with a lot of help from the community I have learned not only all about pm, cell phones and the like but how to copy and paste, add links and how to tag people. Which by the way you can do by tapping the "@" key and a pop up box will appear with usernames in it....if you don't see the member you want to tag just keep typing til you do.

Welcome to the community!

MissJ

Last week, I joined the Public Mobile community--my first--and could not believe how many kind people weighed in to help. Not only did you solve the immediate problem, not one of you even made fun of me, which, given the question, you had just cause. In addition to enabling activation of the little phone, I found the whole experience profoundly heart-warming. So, if it is not too old fashioned, may I wish each and every one of you a very, merry Christmas, and all of the happines and goodwill that you gifted to me.

Sincerely yours,

Miss J

@MissJ wrote:

Thank you for the excellent advice to look at the router for the sticker that has the provider's information.  I did, and it did. Yay. At this point, you are probably surprised that my search for the router did not entail a trek to the toolshed to look for something that gouges wood.

@MissJ  Yeah.. you found it..  🙂

MissJ

Thank you for the excellent advice to look at the router for the sticker that has the provider's information.  I did, and it did. Yay. At this point, you are probably surprised that my search for the router did not entail a trek to the toolshed to look for something that gouges wood.

Ta,

Miss J.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Ta 

Glad to have you here. Now you know the exact procedure to reply so use it often and share your experiences with PM here. 

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Those are WiFi networks One or none will be yours. If you have one then look at the back of your router which one is your network. Connect to that. If you dont have one then normally you can not connect with those until you have a password for it. 

connecting to Public mobile network is often automatic  OR on a different screen on the phone.

MissJ

Thank you for your response. This is the very first internet community that I have joined and it is a fabulous concept. To think of all the kind people who have taken the time to help is truly heartening and very much appreciated.

What a lovely community you are.

Ta, 

Miss J.

MissJ

I didn't even understand the basic question, and had assumed that Telus was the answer to the phone’s setup question because it is the parent company of Public Mobile. Your reply is much appreciated, it had not occurred to me that the answer lies in which provider the household uses.

In fact, I just figured out how to reply to the answers that have been posted. It's by hitting the reply button, I had been responding to the incoming e-mails.

Terribly tech-challenged, but no one could possibly guess just how pathetic I am.

Many thanks to one and all for taking the time to solve the problem. 

Ta.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@MissJ wrote:

I have a new phone and to set it up, asks which wifi network will we be using. Telus is the general answer, but specifically, is it Telus2596, 5017 or 3E87, 6635; or maybe another one? Would you be so kind to let me know which one to choose for Vancouver, Canada?

@MissJ 

Is your router supplied by Telus? If so, the SSID and password should come with it as well.

If not , Call Telus for the infos.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@MissJ wrote:

@MissJ   you are trying to join the Wifi at home?  You have Telus at home?  If so, check the router, it should have a sticker to tell you the Wifi name and the password

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@MissJ wrote:

Hello @MissJ  - Are you currently a Public Mobile customer?

Service network is different than wifi network. Do you mean Service Network?

Try to perform a Reset of the Network Settings of your device, and it may automatically connect to the Public Mobile network with the Public Mobile SIM card in the device.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Are you using a Telus router for internet ?

This would not be related to PM cell service.

Need Help? Let's chat.