cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a Mexican Sim card in jy Canadian cell

LouAnne2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm wondering if a Mexican Sim card will work in my Samsung A71 cell phone.  We travelled to Alaska this past summer and was informed an AT&T Sim card will no longer work in some canadian cells due to some changes from 5G.  I see old post from 2022 on Community from others saying a Mexican Sim ca4d will work but there's be3n changes since these were posted in 2020

6 REPLIES 6

albruner
New Neighbour / Nouveau Voisin

No it's another carrier. You can google the name (I'm guessing PM wouldn't care if we put the actual website URL here, but no reason to find out 🙂 ).

LouAnne2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is this a plan through Public?

chuckbeyer
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Review Fonus. $30 a month U.S. roam free in Canada, U S. and Mexico. 20 gigs

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@LouAnne2 

Yes your Samsung A71 will work with frequencies in Mexico.

You need a minimum of 2 frequencies for your phone to work properly.

CF03B7B1-F4C3-4255-9B4A-0297188E729A.png

@LouAnne2 wrote:

I'm wondering if a Mexican Sim card will work in my Samsung A71 cell phone.  We travelled to Alaska this past summer and was informed an AT&T Sim card will no longer work in some canadian cells due to some changes from 5G.  I see old post from 2022 on Community from others saying a Mexican Sim ca4d will work but there's be3n changes since these were posted in 2020

For a SIM card from anther carrier to be used in a cell phone provided by/sold by another carrier, the device needs to be both unlocked and comptabile.  You'll need to check with the carrier whose service you wish to use to determine which type of network they use. Then, compare it to your device's network capabilities.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Check the compatibility of phone with the Mexican carrier website. 

Check the Mexican carriers website  with roaming in USA. 

I know some USA contracts have unlimited everything is USA, Mexico and Canada as I have a relative in Portland that has. 

Your question is not really Public Mobile related. 

Need Help? Let's chat.