cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to another carrier but want to keep my phone number

lolabels1989
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I am switching over to Bell immediately as I will be travelling to Europe many times and need a phone carrier that is accessible in Europe. I would like to keep my phone number that I have now xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, so I need Public Mobile to change my number to Bell. Please advise on next steps for changing my sim card and phone number over to Bell (I have my new sim card from Bell already).

Thank you,

Laura

7 REPLIES 7

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@lolabels1989  Just go to Bell and ask them to help for porting.  Bell is full service provider, you don't have to worry.  Just make sure PM account still active

@lolabels1989 wrote:

very weird. Just ported my number and now Public Mobile wont let me login to cancel my payments - it is saying my password is incorrect then wont let me change it - what is going on?

Hi @lolabels1989   it is normal account will be closed after the porting is completed.  It won't charge you further.  Just pay attention in the next credit card statement but it should be all good

lolabels1989
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

very weird. Just ported my number and now Public Mobile wont let me login to cancel my payments - it is saying my password is incorrect then wont let me change it - what is going on?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @lolabels1989   Yes, this is an easy task

You all Bell and ask them you need to port your number from Public Mobile

But what you need to do is to login to PM Self-serve My Account and make note of your account number.  (it is on the top right)

Then when you request porting from Bell, you will provide them the PM account number

Keep your PM sim in the phone.  PM will send you a text and you need to reply YES to approve the porting within 90 mins after you receive the text.

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@lolabels1989 hi you must contact bell to initiate request  also you must leave your public sim in your phone to receivetransfer text you have 90 minutes to reply yes I hope you realize the cost of their roaming packages it micht be a cheaper option to buy a roaming sim 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

You need to ask Bell. This service needs to be active. When you start the transfer process you'll need to leave this sim in to confirm a text from here.

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@lolabels1989 

Sorry you can't do that once you port out.

Edit.   Sorry I thought you wanted to also keep your PM account with a new number, which you can't. Forget what I send before.

Need Help? Let's chat.