cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shouldn't this company belong to the public?

smurfit
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Is it time to petition the CRTC to force Telus to divest itself from this company? Telus seems to be slowly steering it into an iceberg by eliminating loyalty rewards and ignoring serious opperational issues like the constant dropped calls.

It's a shame that Telus was ever allowed to buy this company in the first place. I think the original founders would be appalled at what it has become. If it actually belonged to the community of users, the dropped calls issue would likely be a priority to get fixed!

3 REPLIES 3

anotheran
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Lol the Canadian competition bureau let's all the big 3 buy all the telcos

@smurfit wrote:

Is it time to petition the CRTC to force Telus to divest itself from this company? Telus seems to be slowly steering it into an iceberg by eliminating loyalty rewards and ignoring serious opperational issues like the constant dropped calls.

It's a shame that Telus was ever allowed to buy this company in the first place. I think the original founders would be appalled at what it has become. If it actually belonged to the community of users, the dropped calls issue would likely be a priority to get fixed!

I see Public Mobile as essentially only be a brand and that there's really no separate company to sell. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @smurfit 

no.  It is called Public Mobile but it does not belong to Public.  Just like Royal Bank does not owned by the Royal Family

What you suggested won't work as Canada is a free society, there is no way to force Telus to give up Public Mobile

Need Help? Let's chat.