cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loyalty and AutoPay rewards gone, say goodbye to my being with Public Mobile

Unhappy2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just saw that my loyalty and auto pay rewards have been cancelled.  I went to PM because of the low monthly cost vs other providers, seems now that PM has been bought out they don't care to continue low cost service. The low cost brought me to PM and was compensation for all the problems, issues and aggravation I experienced dealing without any real customer service from PM. Now that I will be full price with next to zero rewards, I will switch to another provider that gives real service for a comparable monthly fee. Good riddance to PM.

4 REPLIES 4

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Unhappy2 

we'll be here when you come back.   😎

Pelbaxdar
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've been with PM since 2016 but I'm not switching. The forced move to points was the last straw. Moving to a cheaper PM plan is in no way a solution. I'd still be getting less value and when you combine that with things like no wifi calling it's time to move to another carrier. I'm currently in the process of porting my number to Freedom Mobile. It's not perfect but for now it's better for me that PM. Now I just need to apologize to all of the people that I signed up for PM over the years. 

@Unhappy2 

Nobody was happy about the forced migration to points system. 

For existing customers, may want to consider these following plans:

$19/month for 1 GB LTE

$29/month for 10 GB LTE

$34/month for 50 GB Canada/US 5G

$40/month for 75 GB Canada/US 5G 

Some of these plans may be cheaper than some of the grandfathered plans. 

For example, it makes sense for any old $25 plan 1GB 3G to switch over to the $19 plan.  Basically paying the same without the legacy rewards (ie. autopay and loyalty).

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Unhappy2  Completely understand the sentiment and desire to dump Telus for its behaviour. On the other hand it's possible one of their new offerings available within your account is cheaper than your old base plan and close enough to the competition to save the aggravation of moving. 
Good luck. 

istockphoto-1428668891-1024x1024.jpg

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.