Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [Update] More is Merrier is back!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@rossputin wrote:

But while I have you et al, what is the appropriate forum for non PM topics?  Looking to buy a (minimal) tablet .

@rossputin The Lounge is where is it should go.  

The Lounge - Community (publicmobile.ca)

but no worry, if you are off topic... it will got moved  over there anyway

Interested in Android tablet?  Samsung 8.4 or A7 lite?   Many got it from Fido tablet plan and sell it out at Kijiji or FB Marketpace.  I have a 8.4, it decent quality.  Of course it is not an iPad, but with the price, no complain

10 REPLIES 10

rossputin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This Lenovo also caught my eye.  10" is more appealing (not a euphemism).

rossputin

Also, I certainly don't want data. I'd like to keep it $200 or less unless such specs wouldn't suffice.

I get student pricing via Samsung.  Right now I'm veering towards Galaxy Tab A7 Lite because it's wonderfully cheap.Screenshot_20211227-172613.pngScreenshot_20211227-172526.pngScreenshot_20211227-172518.pngScreenshot_20211227-172429.pngScreenshot_20211227-172415.pngScreenshot_20211227-172336.png

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@rossputin   I don't think a entry level of Android Tab (A7 Lite or 8.4)  will be powerful enough for your usage.  What is your budget?

$299 Tab A7

$349.99 for Tab S6 Lite, but 1.5 years old already , you might only have 2 more year or OS update from Samsung

$519 for Tab S7 SE, if you don't want to spend too much, this is a cool deal

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rossputin : You'd think. How long have you been here? 🙂 There's also @ mentioned and bravos further down the list. Which is what I thought you might have on. But I think what you found is default and the others not. Edit: checked...yes several of those options are on.

@softech 

It does take an sd card so storage isnt really an issue for me at least.

@rossputin 

Well you said minimal.....lol!

rossputin

@darlicious apparently a Fire wouldn't help me (as @softech alluded to) as I want to use MS Word and Kinemaster (basic video editor).  Thanks though.

Yes @softech , an Android.  I don't get the pricing of iPads either.

My laptop is fine but the battery is croaking.  So instead of spending too much on another (or chromebook) I thought a 10 inch(ish) tablet would suffice. 

My primary motives are using MS Word for school and basic video editing.  I use kinemaster on my Pixel 3a XL so I figure even a low end tablet would suffice.

I'd also get a Bluetooth keyboard that was closer to normal size.

Looking forward to thoughts on the matter.

@darlicious   Fire tablet is good with the price but really short of RAM and storage space..and need to sideload before you can say bye to Amazon AppStore  🙂

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@rossputin 

Darn you should have posted yesterday. I ordered the 8" Amazon fire tablet online from SDM for $74.99....after points $40!* If you can find one in stock at a retail location today with a 20×points offer you can get the 8" for $52 or the the 10" for $110 after the points are factored in.

*I also picked up a pair of JVC gumy Bluetooth headphones for $14.99 after points.

@Meow   special because it is overpriced!!   🙂

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@softech wrote:

I have a 8.4, it decent quality.  Of course it is not an iPad, but with the price, no complain

Why is iPad SO special???? I have no complains regarding Samsung SM-T580.

Need Help? Let's chat.