cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet plans

jojo9
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Okay this isn't phone stuff.

Isn't it about overdue that PM / Telus offer a low-end user high-speed internet for us PM folks? Perhaps just up to 25 Mbps internet speed (or less) / 1 Mbps upload. Use PM's plan/bundling as an example. Any votes for this?

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3

allagelman
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@jojo9  Would be nice. Unrealistic to happen anytime soon. I'm hoping Freedom Mobile will have home internet one day. Only interested if its not owned by the Big 3. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@jojo9...if you happen to be in BC, here's an internet provider that I've been using for a coupla years....

https://can-com.com/Bundles/Internet-TV-Phone-Bundles

I just get their internet package...don't know about their other offerings.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Not a profitable business model.

Unless they can figure out how to install some kind of low-cost, low-capacity wiring into each home. In some kind of way that none of the other (DSL-buying) second-tier providers has figured out yet.

Although there are other options in many areas. They just require that you dig around to discover (and compare) them. Scour the interweb (with and without google). Check local facebook groups, public/community message posting boards at supermarkets, libraries, restaurants, truckstops, laundromats. Ask neighbours. Ask strangers. These "small" networks usually can't afford huge advertising slots and won't bring pretty bundles to your door like the Big Three do.

I don't buy mobile data from cell providers, they market data as a precious commodity, their prices are ridiculous. I subscribe to Xplornet, $20/month for 60GB 5mbps across LTE - I think they recently increased it to 75GB and 10mbps, not sure haven't pushed the limits or speedtested yet. I needed a phone that support Band 42 and dual-SIM (and two active APNs) to use this mobile data alongside my usual (Public Mobile) phone number/etc, no other catch. Different areas have different "small business" providers and different locally networked options.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/The-Lounge/Cellular-quot-home-quot-internet/m-p/44174...

Need Help? Let's chat.