cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Donate points transition data gift

EdN
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have some concerns about handing over my cell phone to strangers. Have you done this yourself?   How did that work?  

15 REPLIES 15

EdN

I will donate as best I can.  If it involves data i cannot use then it is better than nothing.  Be best.

EdN

Big telecoms give out airtime etc when disaster strikes around the world.  Why can't their third tier lackeys do the same?

slusagm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

you can't sit at the tent, but you have been wasting time about donating the unused data. Just drop the idea and move on

To help those in Jasper Alberta, please donate real money and not the data you just cannot use up. You really can do better than giving out things you don't need 

EdN

You got 5 points for joining? And you're happy?  Pfft pfft pfft.  You will do well here amongst the sheeple.

EdN

So you're telling me we can't donate our data points to help out the people in Jasper Alberta impacted by a wildfire?

EdN

They shafted me for $60 a year for as long as i am a  customer.  I earned that $60 credit by being a loyal customer for the past 5 years.

Wayworn

Unfortunately I didn’t receive a gift of free data but I’m happy that they gave me 5 free points. Seriously I just don’t get why a free gift  would be upsetting . Just forget it and be happy. 

EdN

Don't shudder

It would have been better to give nothing than to give this unusable "gift".  It is an insult to all the loyal customers.  Better they donate it then let it expire.

EdN

Lucky you, I have to work I can't sit around on a park bench in a tent city all day.  

Wayworn

Hey buys and girls- your raising your blood pressures for not knowing what to do with the balance of your free gift.  It was just a generous gift with obvious so much data that after months you still haven’t used it up. I shudder to think what your reaction would have  been if they weren’t as generous and gave you less data.

EB0
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@EdN 

Turn on your hotspot, let then access your data without accessing / touching your phone 

HI @EdN 

go to Food Bank locations in your area, or places like Vancouver's Union Gospel Mission, or Toronto's Scott Mission and offer them your phone for them to access Internet

I am suggesting this because i can tell PM won't be able to help you to donate your data, so, you need to do it the way you can.  Hope it helps

EdN

Can you explain how I'm going to share my data with the disadvantaged?

HI @EdN 

you got couple things mixed up

1. I am no Oracle, so I don't talk to anyone in PM. I can only "talk" to them like how everyone does, submit ticket

2. I do not think your idea is doable so I won't put in the ticket on behalf of you

if you have extra data and want to share to the disadvantaged, you can share your phone with the disadvantaged, and let them access the web for their need.  This is the best used of your 30 GB bonus data and can actually help those disadvantaged.  You still have 15 days to help those who needs.  Thanks for sharing

EdN

Couldn't public mobile put this out to the disadvantaged instead of having it pissed away by customers who never really needed or wanted this fake gift when they were forced to move to the points program? You're a high roller in the system why not put this on to Jade or whoever replaced her?

Need Help? Let's chat.