cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plans offered to Existing clients

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Is it just me or do existing Public Mobile clients barely have any choice of plans to shop around for?

There are only 6 plans available!!! Of those 6 plans, there is a huge discrepancy in the amount of data distribution unless you are willing to spend $39 and up. The data can jump from 1 gig to next best option being 50 gigs. 

The plans offered to existing Quebec members are:

Andy85_2-1703193334492.png

The plans offered to existing members for the rest of Canada:

Andy85_1-1703193282624.png

I'm wondering what's holding Public Mobile back from offering something decent in the $30 range to existing clients? Or at the very least, improve the $15 & $25 plans?

32 REPLIES 32

Hi @bgoya 

sim is free for most carriers, or many store activation can give you free sim

port out cost is more the unused days of your current cycle.  If you pick a day closer to end of cycle, the cost is very minimal.  

I just find people don't understand that all carriers are giving best plans for new activation, they are upset for no reason.  

But glad that PM is now giving the plan as you ask, so, they are doing it like retention department, or sort of like offering winback plans

bgoya
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Port out invlove sim cost too so not everyone would want to pay more

True @bgoya , people sometimes are just lazy, don't want to port and then overreact when they cannot change to the cheaper plans.  LoL

bgoya

It think freedom mobile offers are also for new customers. so basically these providers are all same they dont care about existing customer. They just want us to port in port out to get better deals.

mrsblondee
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I was talking about the freedom plan.

@mrsblondee wrote:

This is a really good plan. Especially that it’s a nationwide plan so you have access to the big 3’s towers. 

Public Mobile customers cannot use the Rogers network.

mrsblondee

@danielg8341  That freedom plan is a really good plan. Especially that it’s a nationwide plan so you have access to the big 3’s towers. 

danielg8341

I saw this annual plan from Freedom. Converting back to to monthly is $12.50 with high speed and a little higher data limit per average. Much better than my current plan $30/2GB at 3G speed. Network coverage is not good as PM though.

danielg8341_0-1704643649967.png

bgoya

May be move to $25 1gb plan then ask them to give $29 30gb plan?

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

danielg8341

Here is my update. CS_agent offered me $34/50G plan, which I declined. I am current on $30/2GB plan. I want low cost with fast speed. Extra data limit does not work for me,  due to work at home for most of the time.

@danielg8341  Usually with in the hour sometimes longer but 

After submitting ticket keep an eye on your community inbox for their reply , or you can use this link to the community in box

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

danielg8341

Thanks. I sent request. Normally how long I can get some response from CS_agent ?

@Global816  No you won’t have to switch to new rewards system . There tied  to your account. Not your plan . Just don’t voluntarily switch to points in the rewards portal 

Global816

Dont switch yet just message CS_agent and ask for deals. They will consider you for 30GB plan @29. but i think you have to switch to new rewards system

@danielg8341  First submit ticket with support they can sometimes help . I and others have confirmed getting then new activation only plans 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

danielg8341

I am on $30/2GB plan over 3 year, I saw this deal from Freedom. It is time to move on.

danielg8341_0-1704487873010.png

PM is so BAD on existing customer!

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Waj I don’t know exactly big 3 are everywhere but Quebec has some smaller players that offer aggressive plans “like” freedom and so the big 3 all offer better plans in Quebec because of it . I’m from the maritimes and have long been jealous of the  plan offerings from PM and koodo offer Quebec residents , just the say it is unfortunately 

Waj

@Handy1 

how much competition they have? in ON, we have Big Three with their sub-brands and Freedom Mobile (As far as i know). how many QC has ?  

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Waj  It’s always been that way Quebec gets better offers then rest of the country unfortunately.. because of  the competition  like freedom mobile 

Waj

Why QC get better deals than the rest of Canada? 

mrsblondee

Try messaging the agent and request the plan change. I just had success on 2 lines (after a few attempts). We were on the Black Friday promo of $34/40gb. Now we have 50gb. 

Global816

Your analysis is really good. I think if you opt into new reward program then PM  can offer you those for new subscribers plans. With old rewards PM not gonna make money thats the point

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

PM is only focusing on the $39+ range for existing customers right now, noting that price will net out much less with legacy rewards discounts that new customers don't get. It's not a price per GB decision, it's all about ARPU, which they clearly don't want anything below $39 (for a while there it was $34).

Andy85

Very true! I hadn't logged into my account when compiling the data. Seems odd that for $1 more ($39 plan vs $40 plan), you can get 10 extra gigs. Yet folks on the $25 plan can't get more than 1 gig lol

Flameotter

@Andy85 

Thank you for putting that altogether. Looks like what is really missing is a 5G plan in the $30 dollar range. That would be the sweet spot.

Happy Holidays!

@Andy85  There’s 50GB for $39 in our accounts as a exclusive offer for existing not mentioned in website 4G speeds thou 

Handy1_0-1703191969983.png

Andy85

@Handy1 wrote:

@Andy85  Ahh yes your lucky Quebec gets the nice juicy plans  . Im jealous 

Mehh lol... I think the real issue is that there is nothing available within the 1gb to 60 gb range. 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

I counted 6 plans available for existing customers in Ontario.
Different G but GB are similar.

@Andy85  Ahh yes your lucky Quebec gets the nice juicy plans  . Im jealous 

Need Help? Let's chat.