cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open boxing week deals to existing customers!!

Amber75
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Okay, public mobile, this is getting ridiculous! Open your boxing week deals to existing customers! We are advertising your company to our friends and family by showing them the great deals we have! You've always been different than other companies because you take care of your loyal customers. Don't stop that now!! 

48 REPLIES 48

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@danlinton You inquired with Customer support?

danlinton
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the suggestion. I am waiting their reply now.

@Grand_Total  most activations fees are waived if you activate online yourself . Rather then go to store to have them do it .

Grand_Total
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@hTideGnow wrote:

port to a postpaid provider , as they will only charge you the days you are with them, and port back here before the deal is gone

But don't they typically have a higher activation fee? I am planning on porting to a prepaid $15 plan with an eSIM.

RattlesnakeArmy

This this this. I emailed support and they responded with a form response saying 24$ a month is for new activations only and to keep watching for plans.

I have been with 25$/month for 1 GB plan since 2017 for 6+ years. That's how behind the times things are now 

Cheetah24

I agree with @Handy1 ; I find that if you stay longer and keep looking at the plans page from time to time; you will see new promos appear. And while you might not get exactly what you want, you maybe get a better plan that you currently have over time.

Grand_Total

@Karnbot13 wrote:

When will that plan be for existing customers instead of skipping us for new sign ups, as usual?

The answer is when a certain number of current customers leave. At that point the genius MBAs in charge of policy will think again. They have not yet learnt that it is cheaper to retain a customer than to attract a new customer. 

@muffin_top wrote:

If you leave PM won’t you be charged for the full month and then charged again when you return?

You'll be charged again for the full plan fee when you sign up again.  There's no credit given for the Public Mobile plan that was abandoned.

muffin_top

If you leave PM won’t you be charged for the full month and then charged again when you return?

Andy85

@Grand_Total wrote:

@Andy85 wrote:

The trick is to leave the company and then sign back up with their service as a "new client". The problem with that is that you will lose all your rewards lol. 

I'm a customer of six weeks standing, I don't have anything to lose so I may port out then port back in with a new subscription. Or I may like it better where I end up and not re-subscribe...

That would be the best option to get access to the deal.

HI @Grand_Total 

yes, if you are only 6 weeks old, you have nothing to loss

port to a postpaid provider , as they will only charge you the days you are with them, and port back here before the deal is gone

Grand_Total

@Andy85 wrote:

The trick is to leave the company and then sign back up with their service as a "new client". The problem with that is that you will lose all your rewards lol. 

I'm a customer of six weeks standing, I don't have anything to lose so I may port out then port back in with a new subscription. Or I may like it better where I end up and not re-subscribe...

Andy85

I'm hearing that several other companies tend to behave the same way in terms of offering their best deals to new clients only. the trick is to leave the company and then sign back up with their service as a "new client". The problem with that is that you will lose all your rewards lol. 

Phayes

Agreed!!!

Why am I paying $25 a month for the 1gb plan, while new customers get a $24 for 4gb plan???  Terrible customer appreciation. 

@Karnbot13 wrote:

I have 2 accounts that I would like to put on the $24 dollar a month, 4 GB plan. I have no interest in getting 40 GB of data for them. When will that plan be for existing customers instead of skipping us for new sign ups, as usual?

Sorry, but nobody here knows the answer to that question or even if the plan will ever be available to existing customers.

Karnbot13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have 2 accounts that I would like to put on the $24 dollar a month, 4 GB plan. I have no interest in getting 40 GB of data for them. When will that plan be for existing customers instead of skipping us for new sign ups, as usual?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Amber75 we are just curious like you. To get yiur voice heard , submit formal ticket to agent by direct message 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Amber75  You just need to stay tuned PM does rewards it’s loyal customers they already offered the 40GB for $34 plan to existing customers during the Black Friday weekend . So good chance  it will come back again or possibly a even better plan than that 

Handy1_0-1703115665597.png

Need Help? Let's chat.