cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Act Only - Why?

kav2001d
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I mean seriously why bother? As Public has no contracts and nothing tie people down why bother making people jump through that extra hoop to port out and port back in (instead of just allowing plan change)

For a no frill operator it seems like you are adding lots of extra work both to customers and to your backend for no real reason

And since ESIM is $0 there really is no valid reason for people not to take advantage of system (again we know this is a match since other service are also $0 but again this just makes it much easier to do)

7 REPLIES 7

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@kav2001d Exactly and well said ! It amazes me how backwards things are going with PM right down to expiring data add ons now to no more merrier holiday give away and no nov 2023  community rewards handed out and here we are almost 2024 and the only desirable plans that come out for new activation only . What’s next increase all subscribers bills by $5 be their next power play .

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Cause it's Public Mobile! Only cares about new activations, existing customers like us can go suck it for all they care. 

xiv
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@kav2001d I think churn is actually what they want. By porting out, you lose previously-purchased add-ons, bonuses and access to the legacy reward system. By coming back, you are forced into the new points system, and any add-on you purchase will now expire after 30 days.

It's all about the ARPU. It's always about the ARPU.

-xiv

JACJAC

Because they want to get rid of the legacy dollar rewards and push everyone onto the useless points rewards.

Hoi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I completely agree with you. Big hassle for current subscriber.

kav2001d

@Handy1yeah but they likely lose as many as they bring in. Public is offering plans AFTER other carriers do. So many jump ship as soon as promo announced. Then (as a kick in the teeth) Public price matches other carrier and says no to existing clients who did stay. So now what?

Best case scenario is they churn (port out then port back in) worse case scenario is they get upset and leave permanently

For a no frills operator now Public needs to deal with all the port out / port in, plus customer service gets slammed with "change my plan" emails

Lots of extra work for no real reason

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@kav2001d  Because they only care about new activations and it works . And no existing customers I can conform FOMO made me do it 

Handy1_0-1703635855356.jpeg

Need Help? Let's chat.