cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone ditching Public Mobile?

Zantac
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've noticed that everyone is offering similar deals this holiday.

I also observed Public Mobile extending their holiday promotion, likely in response to the competition.

Is anyone ditching Public Mobile?

8 REPLIES 8

imisstravelling
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Already moved to Freedom's $119/year plan. It comes with unlimited calling unlike $15 PM plan.

saturna
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Kremzeek wrote:

I asked...they said no.
Really fosters loyalty, doesn't it?

Same here. Public Mobile would have gotten at least $9 more (each) for 4 of our lines if they would allow current accounts to switch to those < $30 plans. Possibly not hitting their ARPU goals, but $40 is beyond our cell phone plan budget (for way more data we'll ever use). They have lost two accounts instead, and will not get any "data revenue" on the others.

Kremzeek
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I asked...they said no.
Really fosters loyalty, doesn't it?

fixin
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I would rather not. Virgin is offering 50GB Of 4G LTE Data that isn't unlimited at reduced speeds. Koodo is offering it at 4G LTE Speed and having Rollover data as one of the perks you can choose. I prefer not going with anything Rogers, Fido, and Chatr. Lucky Mobile is offering 4G LTE Data at no unlimited data and USA Roaming. Bell and Telus are more expensive, like $55/Month for 5G Speed. About Freedom, their "Unlimited Data at reduced speeds" are garbage! They only provide 60 kbps upload, 128 kbps download on nationwide, and 128kbps upload, 256 kbps download while on the Freedom Local network.

Public Mobile has 5G for cheap! I say I won't!

Zantac

Customers who supported the company and brought customers get nothing while others get much better plan. Try contacting CS. I know people who got the promo plan by contacting CS.

Zantac

I know.

Freedom's $120/year plan looks very good

and Lucky's $20 4GB looks very good as well.

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I've wondered the same thing.  If I didn't have so many referrals, I would consider shopping around.  These new plans only available to new customers is really irritating.  

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Zantac 

NO!

Need Help? Let's chat.