TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

flames.jpg

 Hockey Predictions Year?

186 REPLIES 186

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@stevenanto wrote:

@TheGx Whoever is making that salary to design these jerseys is making easy money,  I mean my four year old can make a B lol. I just really can believe that this is what makes it out, Im sure that these jerseys have to go through a panel of people and they have a discussion and choose the best one that suits their team. 

Well, while some of 'em have some questionable origin, these are supposed to be "retro", or, in many cases, "reverse retro", and I believe if you do some digging, I think Boston DID, at some point in time, in the past, have a big ol' "B" on their jerseys...... 🤔

TheGx

@stevenanto :Totally, instead of coaches and GMs being fired, I rather the people that allowed these embarrassments be fired.

TheGx

@darlicious :Haha yeah, although in US they starting to let fans in at games only 10% capacity for now - they definitely desperate for revenue in these virus times.

Screenshot_20210308-125132_DuckDuckGo.jpg

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@TheGx Whoever is making that salary to design these jerseys is making easy money,  I mean my four year old can make a B lol. I just really can believe that this is what makes it out, Im sure that these jerseys have to go through a panel of people and they have a discussion and choose the best one that suits their team. 

@TheGx 

Without a live audience as a revenue source maybe this is how the nhl is saving money by not paying anyone to design "new" jerseys. "Just throw a big B in there with the traditionally coloured stripes and we'll call it our third jersey!" Sell 10,000 at $150 a pop that's $1.5 million that covers Connor Clifton's salary and then some.....

TheGx

boston-bruins-new-third-jersey-new-uniform-2020-590x687.jpg

Can't believe someone getting paid to design these. This is so simple it's stupid, the colours and that big B makes me think that they the bumble bees not the Bruins.

TheGx

@softech :Haha, no not photoshopped, I saw a photo on CBC last night after Lucic and Nurse fight it was both of them wearing these exact sweaters - so I found the same sweaters on internet to post here.

@TheGx  you sure it was just photoshoped?  LoL

CFPartDeux

@TheGx wrote:

Uggg...these are just bad...

🤢 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 ...... agreed!

TheGx

edmonton_oilers_youth_2020_nhl_allstar_game_premier_jersey_gray_1.jpg

Uggg...these are just bad...

TheGx

CP2636309.jpg

Battle of Alberta on CBC, Calgary got Sutter back, Calgary should be able play tougher and tie up series tonight!

TheGx

Calgary_Flames_horse_head_logo.svg.png

@Skookumchuk :D@mn right! Miss those Young Guns years! Always a Flame🔥🔥🔥

Skookumchuk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Blasty is the best logo in the league!

Although the Flames suck tonight.

Always a Flame!

TheGx

@CFPartDeux :Like these v necks hahaha!

Vancouver_Millionaires_Jersey.jpg

a338cbdbdf1405446b4439dede34021c--nhl-jerseys-vancouver-canucks.jpg

s-l400.jpg

canucks-1978-flying-v.jpg

Ahahaha, it not that bad...but yeah new colours are improvement for sure, but I like the black with yellow v is not bad.

linden_89_home_fr_big__48466.1267769487.1280.1280.jpg

s-l1000.jpg

bure_94_700__72662.1489612790.1280.1280.jpg

ververgaert_1__88732_std__78830.1300054840.1280.1280.jpg

But overall I think I like this last one is the best the hockey stick logo and these colours even better than their new retro sweater colours.

CFPartDeux

@TheGx wrote:

@CFPartDeux :Yeah Vancouver improved their uniforms for sure! 

So much so, that I think those ought to be their permanent home jerseys, instead of being rolled out for certain games.

CFPartDeux

@TheGx wrote:

cut.jpg

cut-1.jpg

Both Colorado sweaters are good, but it awesome to see the Nordiques sweaters again, wish Quebec can get team again someday like Winnipeg did.

I don't know about those ones at the top..... while I like the colour combo they use, that large "A" reminds me of Vancouver's old, hideous "V" jerseys. 🙄

TheGx

@CFPartDeux :Yeah Vancouver improved their uniforms for sure!

urn-publicid-ap-org-4647633953de68c27dfbd6dee58c977aJets_Canucks_Hockey_94374-780x530.jpg

TheGx

cut.jpg

cut-1.jpg

Both Colorado sweaters are good, but it awesome to see the Nordiques sweaters again, wish Quebec can get team again someday like Winnipeg did.

CFPartDeux

@TheGx wrote:

Those Hartford sweaters way better than anything Carolina gots now.

Meh, while I generally like grey, I'm not sold on THAT particular combo..... OTOH, yeah, Carolina's jerseys are rather bland.

I quite liked the reverse/retro jerseys the Canucks were wearing last night. 👍

TheGx

cut.png

Those Hartford sweaters way better than anything Carolina gots now.

stevenanto

Lol I was also watching the reaction on sports centre about the Vegas helmets. If any hockey could possibly pull that it off it would have to be Vegas hahaha. They have to be the flashiest of all. Come on it’s Vegas 

CFPartDeux

@TheGx wrote:

What the f is Vegas thinking? These chrome domes are ridiculous! They should say least have shiny sweaters to match their shiny helmets, they heads look like C-3PO from start wars haha!

LOL, a perfect analogy! 🤣  I saw those hideous things for the 1st time last night, when the hockey highlights were playing, as I passed by the TV. 😲  🤮  The wife had pretty much the same reaction.

CFPartDeux

@stevenanto wrote:

@TheGx Im a devils fan. love thier logo, havent made many changes to it or their jersey, they do have some bad ones but every team does haha

Yeah, their logo is pretty good, but I think they should go back to the red/green colour scheme - looked better than the current jerseys, IMO.

TheGx

What the f is Vegas thinking? These chrome domes are ridiculous! They should say least have shiny sweaters to match their shiny helmets, they heads look like C-3PO from start wars haha!

vegas-golden-knights-021221-getty-ftrjpeg_103ihzzh9v87t13d6z88nf7qrp.jpg

cut.jpg

gettyimages-1301692525.jpg

stevenanto

@darlicious There arent many devils fans out there for some reason. We spend almost every summer in wildwood new jersey and they do have a bit of devils stuff in stores and boardwalk. But there are much more flyers, rangers stuff for sale and that is not even the tip of the iceberg with the amount of baseball and football memorabilia that they sell.  

@stevenanto 

Sorry no devils gear but they do have some limited Seattle Kraken gear.....

Screenshot_20210211-060223~2.pngScreenshot_20210211-060130~2.png

stevenanto

@TheGx Im a devils fan. love thier logo, havent made many changes to it or their jersey, they do have some bad ones but every team does haha

@CFPartDeux 

Here you go some fan gear use FF21FEB at check out for an additional 10% off and your ctmc for free shipping +4% cdn tire money +1% rakuten.

https://www.sportchek.ca/categories/fan-shop/nhl/montreal-canadiens/apparel/product/montreal-canadie...

Unless you feel like splurging the the same code will get you 25% off the real deal....

https://www.sportchek.ca/categories/fan-shop/nhl/jerseys/product/montreal-canadiens-adidas-authentic...

TheGx

Yeah gotta agree San Jose logo is good.

469241.jpg

Las Vegas and Pittsburgh and Buffalo and LA and New Jersey are pretty good too.

Vegas-Golden-Knights-emblem.jpg

pittsburgh_penguins.jpg

230.png

Los_Angeles_Kings_logo_LA.png

New-Jersey-Devils-Emblem.jpg

CFPartDeux

@stevenanto wrote:

@CFPartDeux I can agree with you on that now that im older. but I still think it beat what they have right now, what on earth is it?

Best guess..... a stylized "D", and little else.... truly forgettable. Newer teams' logos? Methinks the Sharks got it right.... like the team or not, their colours are good, and so is their logo. 👍

Need Help? Let's chat.