cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filed CCTS complaint encourage others to do so

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Hey @J_PM 

It is brutally unfair that all your promos have been for new activations. What about your loyal customers that been with you for years that have referred many and assisted many in these forums and other forums . PM sends texts with the below so I’ve filled a complaint and encourage other PM users to do the same. There’s a RFD thread with over 500 posts about PMs practices this holiday season. F the loyal customers and chase new activations. Thanks @J_PM open up some of these promotions to your loyal customers before more n more start porting out.

————-

Public Mobile here. Unresolved complaint about telecom or residential TV service? CCTS may be able to help. 1-888-221-1687 or www.ccts-cprst.ca. To learn more about your rights as a wireless consumer and to view the consumer checklist, visit https://www.publicmobile.ca/privacy-legal. Free msg.

10 REPLIES 10

@CL2024 wrote:

Yup, my dad already voted with his wallet and took his business elsewhere.  Even with maxed out loyalty and autopay, the $25 1GB plan was no longer compelling.  Moved to a competitor offering 3GB 4G unlimited for $20 on a Big 3 network.  Guess it backfired for PM because instead of $18 now they get $0. 

Oh @CL2024 

I hope you requested they allow you to move to the $24 plan with 4GB data before you ported elsewhere. They might have allowed this move to retain your business.

Then you would have payed just $17 for 4GB data here ($5 loyalty + $2 autopay)

CL2024
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yup, my dad already voted with his wallet and took his business elsewhere.  Even with maxed out loyalty and autopay, the $25 1GB plan was no longer compelling.  Moved to a competitor offering 3GB 4G unlimited for $20 on a Big 3 network.  Guess it backfired for PM because instead of $18 now they get $0. 

@Jb456 

you are an experience community member, you should know in this industry, most good deals are only for new activation.  Rogers, Bell, Telus all follow this "industry standards".  It sounds unfair, but on the other hand, there is no contract here and subscribers are free to move around and with easy porting process.

Sorry, it is sad, but again, this is how the every carrier runs this business  🙂

@HALIMACS @Hope you’re well. I am just trying to give PM money lol and they will not budge. My main line has been zero for 5 years now. You’d think they would rather make a few dollars the giving service for free. I have 7 lines with PM and between all the loyalty rewards etc 7 lines are $14 a month total. You’d think PM would want to make some money it does not make sense. I haven’t even received the $25 3 gig text a few months ago on any lines lol. They’re all on $15 plans. Oh well! All the best in the new year!

Korth_
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@HALIMACS wrote:

Long gone are the days when PM staff would reply on these Community threads.  Those were the pre-Jade days with other PM staffers who were more engaged with the 'regulars' around here. 

I remember those days. Public Mobile always had at least one or two people on these forums, it was basically their main interface with customers. Live support. You were almost guaranteed that (during business hours) your problem would receive attention from one of the staff - and that certain superstars on the staff had real agency, real power to make real decisions and real changes as needed.

But those days are long gone, my friend. Now we have Simple Simon stupidbot and a multi-Telus call center which deals with numbers instead of with people. It's clear to me that Telus is attempting to automate the entire network, humans are just too expensive and inefficient.

Most people think Telus is just a phone company. Wired and wireless, DSL, cellular, internet, optic, telephony and telecomm stuff. Most people are surprised to learn that those are not Telus's main sources of revenue (not after operational costs are subtracted). Telus is an emerging player in the data broker scene. Telus is working hard on AI systems, machine learning, spyware telemetry bots, content analysis and optimization (directing, filtering, censoring), cybernetics research. The ideal world for Telus has fewer and fewer Telus employees on the ground every year. They are making the way Public Mobile used to operate obsolete.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Jb456 - it's been awhile.

Perhaps some of the others here may not recognize how active a user you were once here.  Even @Handy1 would be astounded with the laser-quick replies on new threads.

However, I too am a bit surprised that you posted this. 

Long gone are the days when PM staff would reply on these Community threads.  Those were the pre-Jade days with other PM staffers who were more engaged with the 'regulars' around here. 

The 'new activations only' mantra has been pretty routine around here.  For those paying attention on Black Friday, they opened up a few of these promotions to all, so it's kinda hard to complain now (though it is certainly frustrating, for sure)

With the inception of Public Points, it's clear they are trying their mightiest to migrate legacy reward customers away from the legacy plans by making very enticing plan options only available to new activations. 

In any case, best of luck with the CCTS @Jb456 , however I feel you already know how that'll end up.

Don't you? 

Korth_
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I had much to say. But I untyped it and will simplify:

If you don't like what they sell, then don't buy it.

If you see a better deal being sold elsewhere, then buy the better deal elsewhere.

There's nothing stopping you from being a "new customer" every time you see a promo. Deal with the minor hassle of changing your phone number every time, give up your rewards, jump around and keep chasing after better deals if that's your thing. (I personally find the stability, predictability, loyalty rewards, other rewards, and lack of hassle are worth more than whatever bribes incentives they offer on all the promos that come and go every season, but others can do whatever they think best.)

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Jb456 

Let's start with the following.

1. Including and tagging Jade on anything in these forums does nothing. She will not respond to you or in any threads. She's made that crystal clear over the last several months.

2. Not sure you have a leg to stand on filing a complaint with the CCTS. There really is no complaint to be made here. You can cancel your old plan and start a new one any time you want. You're never locked into plans in any way. It's all month to month here. Whether credits follow you is a different story. Also, if you want to keep your number you'd have to port out and then port back in. That's the issue. 

3. If you want a legit complaint to make with the CCTS it would be this. There seems to be some sort of loop hole or rule somewhere that allows Telco not to port your number within the same company. THAT is where you should complain about. This is the correct course of action, not complaining to the CCTS about plans you think you can't get cause you CAN get them. @Handy1 has just given you an option. AND you'd get to keep your legacy rewards. 

I am truly dumbfounded why everyone is so upset about these new offers. Nobody is stopping anyone from getting these plans. There is nobody stopping anyone from porting out to another Telco and then not allowing you to port back in to the new plan you want. Just saying, I think you're barking up the wrong tree.  

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

While it is annoying Public Mobile isn’t the first and the only other phone company to do this other companies like Telus, Koodo, Bell, Rogers, etc. also do the same thing. There are work rounds to do there such as making a new account but that’s only if you’re not worried about losing any possible rewards and your phone number.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Jb456  Sucks seeing new promo for new activations only but take the 50GB for $34 plan right now and a long time customer and 

if your on old rewards saving $7 every 30 days you can still get the 60GB for $40 and with your $7 off that’s $33 $1 better then the new activation plan  50GB for $34 so your still comming out ahead of the new activation plan does

Need Help? Let's chat.