cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did you make and new year’s resolutions? And, how’s it going??

Jovi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am embarrassed to admit this but I didn’t quit smoking 😞

I swear I have made more failed attempts than anyone alive!  If you have any good tips, please send them my way, I could use all the help I can get!!  🙂

And, after I smoke what’s left in my pack, I am going to quit for good!

Wish me luck 🍀

36 REPLIES 36

Jovi

@stevenanto 

Thanks for the encouragement.  Not as ready as I thought I was but getting there!

I hope you get to spend more time with your family in the coming here.  Cheers!

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Jovi I hope you’re able to quit soon, I kn9w it can be hard but I’ve heard people say you know when you’re totally ready. 

I haven’t made any real resolutions lol. Just to get to spend more time with the family. 

Jovi

@celinemenard 

Congrats on sticking to eating low carb!

I am going cold turkey too and have the next few days off!   Thank you for the good wishes and may the coming year bring all that your heart wishes ... 🙂

celinemenard
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My resolution was to go back to eating low carb.  So far I have been on track. 

@Jovi  Keep trying to quit.  I smoked from the time I was 15 until I was 50 years old.  Usually 1 pack a day but if I got into the beer, it was two packs.  I finally manged to quit September 4,2016. I went cold turkey this time but I took a few days off work, shut my phone off and told people to leave me alone. On day 4 of quitting smoking, I had to go back to work.  I work customer service which can be hard at the best of times.  I just took it 1 hour at a time. Sometimes 1 minute at a time. Deep breathing and closing your eyes and going to your "happy place" helps.  Good luck.!!!

Jovi

Thanks so much!!

I am going to give it another go later today and appreciate your support!

May the year ahead bring you endless joy and wonderful opportunities 🙂

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Jovi wrote:

I am embarrassed to admit this but I didn’t quit smoking 😞

I swear I have made more failed attempts than anyone alive!  If you have any good tips, please send them my way, I could use all the help I can get!!  🙂

And, after I smoke what’s left in my pack, I am going to quit for good!

Wish me luck 🍀

@Jovi   I'll definitely wish you good luck as I can only imagine quitting smoking would be extremely difficult having read how addictive nicotine is, but keep trying as I know lots of others have succeeded after failed earlier attempts, so don't give up.  Just keep trying until (hopefully) one day you get there!  The health (not to mention financial) benefits are too many to not try again...

I don't remember the last time I made a new year's resolution, but it's been quite a long time, perhaps as long as the last book I read! 😊

Need Help? Let's chat.