cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Used

toddmatheson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I haven't been able to send emails by phone even with wifi and have used all my data, does that mean I have to wait until the next month account cycle to use email on phone?

8 REPLIES 8

Manwiththe

You should definitely got in your settings and turn on your data usage warning: go to 1.settinngs, 2.network and internet, 3. mobile data, and there you should be able to move the red line on your data usage chart to where youd like to receive a warning for your data usage! I have mine to warn me when I use 1.5G ( about 3/4) of my data, you can also change the settings for which apps are allowed to use unrestricted data and which ones you dont want to use any.

Screenshot_20230329-163134.png

@toddmatheson we happy to hear you got it all sorted out 🙂

Spuggetabouti1

It happens to the best of us! Since all your data is used up you do have to wait until the next cycle to use your data again or you can purchase an add-on, but if you’re like me and want to save money just stick to using wifi 

toddmatheson

For crying out loud the darn wifi was switched off. So much knowledge here thanks a lot.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @toddmatheson you should login to My Account using Incognito/private/secret  browser mode and check your data usage to see if data all uses

and try to see if browser or other app is working when you are away from wifi and mobile data on

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Check your phone email settings.  Your email should work when using wifi even if you are out of cellular data.

Can you access the internet using wifi?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@toddmatheson 

If you are out of data, you should still get email by wifi.

Check your account and see how much data you used so far. 
Additional data can be purchased.

But it sounds like there might be an outage in your area. Check outage map:

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus/map 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@toddmatheson  try  this first 

simply try refreshing the page when logged in

Handy1_0-1678726445370.png

For most up to date account info

Need Help? Let's chat.