cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint about new reward system

Nebster
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Public mobile advertised a reward system which enticed users to join back in 2016. 

You announced a new system in 2022 and assured existing customers that we would not be switched to this new inferior system.

As of May 2024, we are being forced to switch to this new system with the promise of an "enhanced Public Points™ program".

However, any way I look at this, there is no way that this is considered "enhanced". Not only are you taking away $60 a year from being a loyalty and giving me the equivalent of $10 only... your idea of compensating is to offer a 'bonus' of 240 GB, which has an expiry date of 150 days?!

This bonus is being offered knowing that the majority of users will not come anywhere close to use this data as we are already getting 50 GB of data per month. 

I have private messaged a CS_Agent and I will be filing a claim with the CCTS soon. I hope that everyone else affected does the same:

CCTS Complaint Submission Form - Online Complaint Form - CCTS (ccts-cprst.ca)

8 REPLIES 8

ElectroDad
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

complaint submitted to CCTS.  Please pile on.  The more people who do this, the more likely we are to get action.

HI @JennL25 

i agree, and I think no one likes the change.  But we also don't see them changing the mind

So, follow your wallet , go , or stay, on any carrier that gives you the best deal

JennL25

I am very disappointed about this change to the new points system. I have been a customer for 3 years and recently upgraded my plan. To think I am going to lose the loyalty and auto pay discounts has me considering switching to another company that can offer a better deal. I never considered switching before, but this change now has me looking at other options out there. They should just let people on the old rewards system stay on that system...

Bernard818

As you mentioned , Ididrealize the same that they forcing us I will filed also to CCTS, since the time they want us to move by doing some marketing to us to changes it doesn’t support  to save money , and we can remember that Telus did a lot of  cut recently, and we can Tell them that cellular fees are the most expensive in Canada comparatively to other country …  Not Nice Public mobile not nice at all

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Geeze, I didn’t consider that I may lose some of my 35 referrals!  All around, this is not good. 

hi @selmak I hope they will change the mind too, or at least bump up the migration gift offer 

selmak
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

To be honest I'd rather they changed their mind. I have some referrals that will just move on, so either way we'll be losing once it take effect

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Nebster  Good job , your not alone I to have done my part . Let’s hope PM stops this foolishness fingers crossed 🤞 

Need Help? Let's chat.