cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community

JodyBatsford
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can I answer questions or am I only able to ask my own on the Community? 

6 REPLIES 6

@JodyBatsford 

Of course you can do both but usually you start off by asking more questions and as you learn then you start answering more questions than asking them. But you never stop asking them just not nearly as often and we all pretty much learn something new everyday no matter how long our tenure here.

If you want to answer questions more often then take advantage of the search bar. Type a question in or use a few key words and tap go....a slew of threads pop up. Green checkmarks indicate solutions and the same issue with the same solution indicates it is the right one but similar issues can have several different solutions. 

Many of the solutions will say contact the moderators but read the whole thread if possible to learn why that has been chosen or recommended.....because every problem could be solved by saying "contact the moderators" but that is not our goal or purpose. The community exists to help solve or answer questions to issues that never need the assistance of a moderator. Moderators should only be contacted for account related issues that only they can access or actions they are authorized to perform. Contacting them is a last resort unless its an obvious account issue from the very beginning.

Often its like unravelling a mystery or a game of twenty questions prying all the info from an OP to diagnose the issue and figure out a solution. Some are easy and only take a few minutes while others can stretch over days, weeks or months if its a weird glitch or a phone/hardware issue or may require research or testing by inquisitive members.

Welcome to the community.....give it your best try....if you don't know just don't guess and if you do make a mistake someone will come along and correct it or you or both and you will learn another something new for the day. We're all here to help one another and we have all been new to the community at some point in time.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can do both - answer questions as well as ask questions.  

Welcome to PM !

Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the Public Mobile Community.

You can ask questions and answer questions. If you ask a question, it's mostly frowned upon to give yourself the solution to that question. Otherwise, why ask the question. But there are rare times when you come around to answering your own question if no one else has. But folks here are pretty good at picking up on others trying to "game" the system.

Joseph31
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Lol 

JodyBatsford

Well I’m just getting the hang of this and although I haven’t answered anyone else’s questions it appears I can answer my own.

JodyBatsford

Well I’m hoping to climb up the ladder.lol

Need Help? Let's chat.