cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification! $34 50GB 5G Canada/US Plan also $40/75GB and $50/100GB Canada/US Plans Post US Speeds

PM_5G
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Noticed many posts on the new Canada/US plans so I put together this summary for clarification as I had noticed many of the same questions being posted - I will try to keep this up to date...

02/26/2024 Plans UPDATE
$34 50GB 5G Canada/US  - Now Available to ALL Subscribers
viber_image_2024-02-27_19-15-06-441.jpg
$40/75GB 5G Canada/US
$50/100GB 5G Canada/US
Canada/US Plans do not offer Unlimited Data.
Legacy Loyalty program members retain their old program perks if they switch to these plans.

Canada/US Plan Benefits
All Canada/US Plans allow All Plan Call/Messaging/Data to be used In Canada or US to Canada or US!
Anywhere in Canada or US your are - you can use your Public Mobile Unlimited Calling/Messaging/DataPlan as if you are in your home area to Call/Message anywhere in Canada or US....
Travelling in Canada or US - No Roaming Pack is ever needed - its part of your plan! 

Promo Availability
No one knows or can predict how long plans will be available. Change to a plan you would like that is available/offered to you before your renewal date - then watch for any new plan that is offered - you can always select another plan and switch to that before renewal date...

• To Change Subsription:
    1/ Login to your account
    2/ Go To Subscriptions and Add-Ons
    3/ Click Change Subscription Box(just under your subscription info) - select from available plans - make sure to confirm your selection!

viber_image_2024-02-27_21-23-13-208.jpg

Remember switching to new plan immediately - you lose the rest of your plan validity!
If you select change plan on renewal the new plan will take affect and will be available on the day your plan renews.

Once Plan Selection is confirmed Payments Tab which will state upcoming renewal:

viber_image_2024-02-27_18-26-05-273.jpg

Current Subscription Info is now clarified!

viber_image_2024-02-27_18-55-18-831.jpg

Phone Settings

FIRST Reboot Your Phone! (Public Mobile Updates your phone's settings)
Data Roaming MUST Be Enabled(Leave it Enabled - PM is Prepaid so there are never Roaming Fees)
Network Operators - Auto
Network Mode can be switched to 5G/LTE or LTE(4G)

Android Settings Location for these settings:
Settings / Connections / Mobile Networks / Data Roaming
Settings/Connections/Network Operators - Select Automatically
Settings/Connections/Mobile Networks/Network Mode - Select 5G or LTE(4G)

My experience was Automatic Network Operator and 5G worked!
Public was shown as Carrier with an R on Signal Meter(Roaming)

Manually Selecting T-Mobile or AT&T DID NOT work for me(Got Network Not Found Error)

Some have had luck manually selecting T-Mobile or AT&T
AT&T 5G as Network Mode has not worked apparently only LTE.

Suggest popping across the border if possible to test and make sure you phone and US set up works before any big trip. It's tough to fix issues when you can't access a network but WiFi is abundant....

US/Canada Plan Sets Up / Uses / Enables VoLTE calling on US LTE/5G Networks (3G in US has been shut down)
VoLTE is Enabled by default on New Public Mobile Plans and Enable/Disable is Not Visible in settings(removed by PM)

Public Mobile is Prepaid - Does not offer Roaming anywhere other than Canada/US so you don't have worry about being charged Roaming fees even if you leave Canada/US and this setting is enabled!

Anyone currently In US using these plans...
Post your US Use / Speeds / Findings / Experiences / Valid Settings

Cheers!

53 REPLIES 53

Jayz1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks!

kj99

Has the speed increased now?

kj99

Has the speed improved or is it still slow in the US?

Lorihogan

Correct. I am 6 days into my plan and would like to switch so I have to pay $34 more to get the new plan. My other $34 is just lost…

The Canada-US plan is so good so o thought it was worth it. 

PM_5G
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Immediate Plan Changes - Switching to any new plan immediately Deletes Old plan Remainder and is Lost...
If you sign up for either of the two promotional Canada/US plans $40/75GB or $50/100GB offered to everyone currently in My Account you can set those to start on next Renewal.

natewu

So if I wanted to switch to 34/mo plan (currently on another 34/mo) I will get charged 34 instantly instead of at my renewal date?

@UNDM please use this link to direct message PM support

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

UNDM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I couldn't create a ticket with an error.  I would like to switch from my current plan to this new $34 plan for 50GB US-CAN.  

@Samtar wrote:

is this plan 90 day subcription? 

No. These are 30 day plans.

Irenegel1

Priority, are the new 75GB and 100GB ones still only getting 10-20mbps? Any idea why? Thinking of switching from the 40GB classic plan, but might not be a great idea.

kj99

doesn't look like it looking at the plan details

VJ11

of course that means no new activation

VJ11

can the rewards customers get this promo as well?

@Priority  T-Mobile and since they own Telus it affected the Canadians.

T-Mobile doesn't own Telus to my knowledge.   AT&T had a big outage in the US this week.

Everyone going to the US will really need VoLTE in about a month or their phone won't work since the last network for a non-VoLTE phone there (T-Mobile's 2G) is shutting down at the beginning of April.

Samtar

is this plan 90 day subcription? 

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Just out downtown. I'll be trying them out again when I get back to the house later, the outage has been resolved for the most part now so hopefully the speeds will be better. I will update.

SmartSelect_20240225_223152_Gallery.jpg

La6

Have you received any better speeds?

csw

Found this on Public's Help Pages:

Public Mobile’s CAN/US subscription plans let you use your mobile services the same way in Canada as you do in the United States, providing you with seamless communication experience, no matter where you are. For example, if your Canada/US subscription plan comes with 50GB of data, that data can be used in its entirety wherever you are in Canada or the US.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/get-help/articles/can-us-subscription

Priority

Absolutely loving the US, I might consider moving here actually. 😛

T-Mobile only and it's constantly jumping from LTE to 5G, but there is a known outage today with T-Mobile and since they own Telus it affected the Canadians.

If you're with Public Mobile here and your phones picking up on AT&T the only thing that works is Texting.

VoLTE works great here on my 40GB Classic US Plan, no issues at all so far and works the same as usual in Canada. 

(When on the plane the reception was spotty. 😅)

@Priority 

hope you have fun and making money there 🙂

so, 5G works there with both T-Mobile & AT&T? 

how about VoLTE works on both networks there?

PM_GG

In same boat fixin!
I understand not wanting to lose balance of plan or Unlimited best of luck !

Priority

I am currently in Las Vegas, and just to confirm that these are US Plans I Activated one on the 75GB and another on the 100GB to be sure and they do indeed both work here in the US. 

My primary plan is on the classic $50 • 40GB Canada/US Plan which clarifies it's US Data everywhere.

I noticed my 40GB US Plan is getting 275mbps on a speed test, but the new 75GB and 100GB ones are only getting 10-20mbps... 

On the main Public Mobile Website it also says that this is US Data for all these Plans, it just won't show that anywhere within the self serve Portal. 

I also made a Post about this yesterday.

fixin

Thanks @PM_5G  for packaging these plan offers up for confused customers - I am waiting till I am 1/3 of my way into my plan - It is a $34 40GB Black Friday deal and that that means if I switch to it this Thursday I will only lose $22.66 instead of more.

Most Public Mobile Promotions occur from a week to upwards of a month or two! I am also worried about not having Unlimited Data, but the 10GB extra basically pays that off with data on 3G in Canada it will be slower but not snail slow.

Also, the New Activations Only plan can be switched to, but it is difficult since it has to be done by a CS_Agent & that there is NO change on renewal, it will occur immediately.

Need Help? Let's chat.