cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brilliant, but Misleading Information

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

I was reading one of the posts about referral codes and I wanted to know if there was an alternative way to getting a referral code if you are locked out of an account. Maybe calling your phone, I dunno know.

Anyways, I did a search on Bing, and instead, I get sites that literally someone actually made up for Public Mobile referral codes.

Screen Shot 2020-04-26 at 11.27.15 PM.png

Brilliant I must add. But, as well misleading, because one doesn't get $25, they get $10! 
Screen Shot 2020-04-26 at 11.27.34 PM.png

I know there isn't a way to stop this, but I was wondering if Public Mobile can do a reverse look-up of these referral codes and message them that they are falsely providing inaccurate information, and putting Public Mobile in a bad light of marketing! 

I did a reverse look-up of two of the accounts on WHOIS, and one person was NOT hidden and the person was. But, thanks to phone numbers....

I am hoping the people who are reading this, should be changing to the correct information and don't give Public Mobile a bad name.

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Public Mobile would like them to bring in as many customers as they can. If they're not a corporation/business then they're not bound by any consumer, truth in advertising, whatever laws. They can say the referral code will do your dishes all day long and no one can stop them. If it becomes no longer profitable for those individuals to lie and cheat then they would stop. But this place will take the customers by hook or by crook. As will any corporation/business.

We do sometimes get complaints from people saying so and so said that they would get whatever and we gently tell them that what they were told was not correct or current.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@darlicious   by tagging alan and tiana you have done the same thing that we can.  

@mpcdesign  I pretty sure they wouldn't take kindly to it and investigate its source at the very least.

@darlicious, I made sure I went back into the photos and removed all referral codes and any links to the sites. I mean, they could google it or Bing it. When you do click on the links, it does take them to the activate page with that personal referral code.

I highly doubt they can do anything about the sites themselves. The only thing I can think of is copyright infringement with their logos. Even though it's an old logo or newer logo, nevertheless they can sue that person. Or ask for a cease and desist. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mpcdesign 

That was some nice detective work.....there are links to the activation pages and sim card order page. It comes across as a legitimate public mobile site with the exception of ads for the competition. Until you get to the bottom of the page and the disclaimer that they are not endorsed by public mobile and no copyright infringement is intended! I'm sure @Alan_K and @Tiana_V  would be very interested to see this site. I'm sure @will13am @Luddite  or @ShawnC13  @mimmo  @computergeek541 @NDesai  any of them could bring it to public mobiles attention first thing in the morning. Hopefully the link to the activation page doesn't compromise any accounts security that may have activated thru this site

Need Help? Let's chat.