cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what draws you?

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

IMG_20200427_133319.jpg

 Bought a NINTENDO SWITCH today. Anyone else notice how these consoles have been prices at 899.00 on Amazon and in some places 1299.00 Are people really trying to gouge us while in a pandemic? Seemingly.

Screenshot_20200427_131817_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg

What things have you wanted to buy recently that seem priced crazy?

9 REPLIES 9

@darlicious yeah this will be our last, lol. But she is an incredible women! Almost done for her, she has been pregnant for like 14 years LOL Our oldest is 13 and our youngest is 2, soon to be a few days old..lol

@Naepalm 

Lol...number 10 that boggles my mind....i can't even imagine one but that's the law of averages to get to Canada's birth rate there's 7 of me to every one of your amazing wife!

@popping yeah I got this switch for 400.00

When ahe eas stamping it were you like NOOOOOOO in slow motion lol

Thats impressive! You are like a fortune teller lol. Your family must have been like umm what are you doing!? 

haha @darlicious so true, number ten is due this week. My wife is super preggers!

@popping 

Lol....nice. Now the 50 family size boxes of kelloggs cereal for gas cards are not nearly in demand as the toilet paper but with optimum points more lucrative....then again @Naepalm 8+ kids could probably finish them off in no time.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Haha.  I too stocked up Royale TP between Nov 2019 and Jan 2020 before COVID came along.  I got 3x $10 GC BTW.

@Naepalm 

Thats a tough one at SMS @popping is correct unless it's unopened electronics are generally non returnable there but bought on points during bonus redemption days (200,000=300,000 or $200=$300) pay the balance plus tax and get 20x the points back then the risk might be worth it.

I've gone a little crazy buying shoes and boots and got a great deal on rain gear reg.$170 for the set about $42 after discounts. Finally I won't get wet riding my bike to work after living here for 30 years! But i havent noticed a lot of price gouging just on toilet paper if you can find it. Thankfully the royale $10 gift card promo at the end of january had me stocked up on toilet paper and tissues.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I don't play video games. You are shopping at the wrong store.

But I heard that lots of people are getting cheap Switch around $400 - $450 at Shoppers Drug Mart(SDM).  If you collect PC Optimum points, you may be able to get 200k points back during a SDM promo.  200k points = $200 groceries at Superstore or beauty cosmetics items at SDM.  

Please note that some SDM stores treat electronics item as final sales with no return.  If it is DOA, you need to deal with manufacturer.  I purchased a portable hard drive at SDM a few years ago,  The cashier took a "Final Sale" rubber stamp and stamped on my receipt with final sale.

Need Help? Let's chat.