cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$34 for 50GB.

Dubes
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm initiating a discussion urging the Public Mobile to align with the $34 for 50GB plans offered by other carriers. Community members, share your thoughts below! Public Mobile, kindly pay attention all and all urge the PM to introduce a proper black friday/cyber monday deal.

12 REPLIES 12

Jberetta2002
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

PM had the best deal going. When you consider that it's simply Telus with less customer service and fancy phones on tabs. Reliable, fast and at a great price, with bonus savings each month if you participate and help a little bit.

Going the Freedom route, your main, fast service is limited to big cities (I mean, there's a lot of freedom towers in Peterborough, so they're really pushing to better the network...). When you leave a city, you're considered "roaming" on other towers (Bell/Telus, and Rogers). When they were Wind, you'd have no service at all, unless you had a"roaming" ad on in your plan. I'm not sure these days if they charge for this "roaming", but I'm sure you don't get the same service speeds/levels.

So, if you don't leave the city much, Freedom may be a great option. 

@Dubes  Well welcome to public mobile and hope to see ya in the forums 

Dubes

Yes I agree they are the best when it comes to giving back! I appreciate that, which is one of the reason I opted to join. 

@Dubes  I know freedom has really been shaking things up . Making cell plans better for us all  . I’ve never been with them but I’m kinda stuck with PM because I can’t give up my rewards 

Handy1_0-1701304251616.png

Dubes

Yep for around $34, Koodo, Chatr, Fido and Virgin were providing only their 4G plans. While Freedom provided 5G plans. Mostly all 50GB of data.

@Dubes  I hear ya , I see Koodo had the 50GB for $34 too but it was 4G plan 😞

Dubes

I mean while I might never hit my 40gb mark, but it gives you a feeling of loyalty that you are getting the best. While it is unlimited and comes with those dollars, the peace of mind of feeling a winner is unbeatable.

Dubes

I activated two plans: one with freedom which offered 50gb 5G for $34, second the PM $34 40GB 5G. I hope PM increase 10 GB which will help me staying with PM.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Dubes PM had 50GB for $34 on cyber  Monday only for new activations and only for a few hours . But I’m with ya I hope we see this plan for existing customers and last a few days instead of hours 

statusquo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The deals were very good for anyone needing lots of data at decent prices but I think the website did crash because of the increased traffic to snatch up these offers.

Tmoney
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Is 34 for 50 permanent like it is for publics 34 for 40gb plan ? Do the providers offering 34 for 50 allow you collect public points (or legacy dollars) for further money off your bill? Is it unlimited after 50, like it is for publics 34 for 40 plan?

I personally get almost 20 bucks off my bill each month so no other provider could come close to offering what public does to me. 

Not saying I am against public matching this offer, I'm all for competition in the phone plan space, and it's about time canada starts catching up to the rest of the world in terms of offering reasonably priced plans. But just saying to think about the other value adds that public brings that the others with 34 for 50 may not.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals are over.  Maybe something better for Christmas or Boxing day.  

Although not as good as other $34 for 50 GB plans, Public mobile did offer some decent plans  $29 plan and $34 for 40 GB of 5G speed.  So popular that the website almost crashed on Friday. 

Need Help? Let's chat.