cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage history confusing, not 24 hour time, and no download all option

Sliv
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello:

The usage history doesn't necessarily seem to always be in chronological order, and I'm sometimes further confused since the times are not 24 hour, with no indication of am/pm it is sometimes difficult to tell if the entry is talking about 12 am or 12 pm.

Does anyone know if there is a way to know if the time is am or pm since the dates are not 24 hour?

Also, it would be much easier if I could download bulk usage history to csv for import into a spreadsheet, but I haven't found any way to do this.

6 REPLIES 6

@Sliv   Trying to decipher your usage history can be confusing at the best of times. "Web" events are delayed so they do not show up in chronological order. I compare my text and calling usage by comparing it to my phone which I have set on a 24 hr clock. You can also get a general idea of the am/pm time by the date change. Depending on where you live can affect how your usage is displayed. If you are in the eastern time zone all appears normal in bc we are 3 hours "behind" so similar to flash sale or renewal time of 11:59pm et we observe that time as 8:59pm pt. Incoming and outgoing calls are recorded at real time (pt) while Sms/Mms are recorded 3 hours ahead (et).

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Using data tracking on your phone can also give a good indication of real time usage.  You can look on self serve to give you the data used (of course not factoring in a delay).  

The history does not help as much since we do not know how it is posted (what delay period exists)

@Sliv wrote:

Hello:

The usage history doesn't necessarily seem to always be in chronological order, and I'm sometimes further confused since the times are not 24 hour, with no indication of am/pm it is sometimes difficult to tell if the entry is talking about 12 am or 12 pm.

Does anyone know if there is a way to know if the time is am or pm since the dates are not 24 hour?

Also, it would be much easier if I could download bulk usage history to csv for import into a spreadsheet, but I haven't found any way to do this.

YVR

@Sliv wrote:

It does seem to be in chronological order for the most part, except when it logs an event of a different kind. For example, it showed me a call at 5 which I remember and would have been 5 pm, but then data event web of several hundred meg at 12, preceding in the list, same date. Now if that was in the same order, most recent to oldest, 12 on the same day, even if it was am or pm, cannot precede 5pm in that order, so I thought, oh, perhaps the tracking of the different type of event, web download data usage is not necessarily in order or perhaps even at the correct time?

Edit: I'll attach an image to show - The 11th October call 5:27 I know that was pm. However preceding in the list (more recent) is two entries for web 12*. I can't tell if that is am or pm, but neither would be possible as more recent than 5:27pm on the same date, which makes me question that perhaps the time is not correct for that usage or something...

usage.png

For data, I'm don;t know how it is tracked and updated on the usage logs.  It is likely delayed- I was talking about the call events coming up in chronological order

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Sliv   That does seem a little confusing. 

I have read others posting about the 12 hour clock making the usage log confusing before too, and it would certainly make it easier if PM used the 24 hour clock but like many other things it seems they are in ho hurry to update the system to make it more user friendly.

Your phone log should give you more information about the timeline of some of your usage at least.

Sliv
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It does seem to be in chronological order for the most part, except when it logs an event of a different kind. For example, it showed me a call at 5 which I remember and would have been 5 pm, but then data event web of several hundred meg at 12, preceding in the list, same date. Now if that was in the same order, most recent to oldest, 12 on the same day, even if it was am or pm, cannot precede 5pm in that order, so I thought, oh, perhaps the tracking of the different type of event, web download data usage is not necessarily in order or perhaps even at the correct time?

Edit: I'll attach an image to show - The 11th October call 5:27 I know that was pm. However preceding in the list (more recent) is two entries for web 12*. I can't tell if that is am or pm, but neither would be possible as more recent than 5:27pm on the same date, which makes me question that perhaps the time is not correct for that usage or something...

usage.png

YVR

@Sliv  Agree with the confusing part of the usage details.  

For the time, it does not show am or pm.  The details should be in order with the newest event being listed at the top.  So a phone call that was 2 hours ago would be near the top and a call that was 12 hours ago would be below.  Is your showing a different order?

This service is a basic one at Public Mobile so there does not seem to be an easy wasy to download that data.   Maybe someone else here has a better way.

Need Help? Let's chat.