cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This may help those having isues with getting the text code to activate

MarkHurst
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just ported 3 lines over from Telus to PM. The first was confusing, the second was better and I nailed the third one flawlessly. Here's how:

1) Clean out your voicemails from the line you are transferring from and clear your notifications so you have a clean deck to work from.

2) Sign up for a PM account, choose your service, pay and download the app.

3) I chose to 'Transfer Number' during setup but I believe that can be done afterwards if you complete setup with a new number

4) Allow the eSIM to install and setup. At this point, you will get a text message from your old provider asking you to confirm you are ending service. DO NOT do anything with this until everything with PM is done. On the first phone I ported, I responded 'Yes' and lost service immediately so the activation text had nowhere to go as Telus had shutdown service and PM hadn't started up. I needed supports help to resolve that.

5) At this point, you will still have your old provider service live and PM not live but ready to go. The activation code should come in over the old service provider and you use that to activate your PM **account** (not service, yet). Once you have access to your account via the PM app, I suggest rebooting your phone and then logging back in to your PM app to make sure you have access.

6) Go to the SMS message from your old provider and respond to the message to shutdown the service. With Telus, the service goes offline in about 15 seconds.

7) Head into your phone settings and disable the old provider SIM and enable the PM eSIM, making it default for everything.

😎 Shut down your phone and remove the physical SIM from your old provider if you have one.

9) Start up your phone and wait 5 mins and you should have PM service.

On the first phone, I screwed up by confirming the shutdown message from Telus before I had the PM app up and running.

On the second phone, I didn't respond but shutdown the SIM and removed it before responding to the Telus shutdown message. The PM service will NOT come live until the old provider gets your confirmation so I had to reinstall the SIM and enable it as default to send the confirmation, then disable and remove it again.

Third phone I used this sequence and it went flawlessly.

1 REPLY 1

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

thanks @MarkHurst  for sharing 

Yes, the sms text with the old carrier is the most important one.  And of course, to get the old carrier text, that account has to be Active

Need Help? Let's chat.