cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self Serve Website giving repeated error

Amyjobeth
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Trying to activate new SIM and register new account. When I reach the page and fill information to transfer my phone number from existing provider over to Public their website stops working on me. Really frustrating and I haven't even become a customer yet. 

3 REPLIES 3

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Amyjobeth I have vague memory that it may help to click "I am authorized ...." BEFORE you entering your number.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Amyjobeth wrote:

Trying to activate new SIM and register new account. When I reach the page and fill information to transfer my phone number from existing provider over to Public their website stops working on me. Really frustrating and I haven't even become a customer yet. 

@Amyjobeth   You may need to wait one hour before retrying and when you do make sure to clear your cache/cookies and use a different browser with incognito/private mode enabled.

If you're unable to port in your number at activation, then you will need to take a temporary PM number and submit a ticket to SIMon chatbot ? mark bottom right of your screen and input "Port Request" and follow the rest of the prompts to finish as only moderators will be able to complete porting your number.  Remember to keep your old account active until the port is complete.

Welcome to PM 😊

@Amyjobeth   If you're unable to see the chatbot ? mark on your screen use this link to submit your ticket if necessary: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Amyjobeth Try again later in an hour or so using incognito/private browsing mode. You have an option to choose a new number temporarily. You can request to port in your number later by contacting the mod team. 

Need Help? Let's chat.