cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Outgoing calls to 778-580-4001

Hi Community Members,

I am a new user since March 23.

I checked my usage history and noticed 5 outgoing calls to 778-580-4001. The 5 separate calls ranged anywhere from 22 seconds to 3:37 for a total of 5:45 minutes.  These calls were all made on March 27.

Does anyone know what this is and why it's happening?

How is possible that I or my phone is making automated calls to that number?

There are no outgoing calls showing in "Recents".

I am on a 100 minute Canada wide plan ($15 plan) so every minute is valuable.

I was previously a prepaid Telus user and my spouse is on the Koodo network.

Thanks for your help.

Mayor / Maire

Re: Outgoing calls to 778-580-4001

@Bottomshelf wrote:

Hi Community Members,

I am a new user since March 23.

I checked my usage history and noticed 5 outgoing calls to 778-580-4001. The 5 separate calls ranged anywhere from 22 seconds to 3:37 for a total of 5:45 minutes.  These calls were all made on March 27.

Does anyone know what this is and why it's happening?

How is possible that I or my phone is making automated calls to that number?

There are no outgoing calls showing in "Recents".

I am on a 100 minute Canada wide plan ($15 plan) so every minute is valuable.

I was previously a prepaid Telus user and my spouse is on the Koodo network.

Thanks for your help.

That is telus voicemail (public mobile runs on the telus network)

Mayor / Maire

@Bottomshelf 

Those are from the calling records of calls that went to voicemail. They shouldn't count against your 100 minutes in the overview counter.

Please let us know if it does.

Edit: voicemail is really just a call-forwarding function.

Mayor / Maire

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/access-voice-mail-out-of-home...

"Here is the list to all Access numbers.

778 (outside greater Vancouver area 778-580-4001)"

Mayor / Maire

@Bottomshelf 

And if you call your voicemail to set it up or check messages FROM your handset then that will use minutes.

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt response.

My "Data and Add-On Usage" shows 7 minutes used with a balance of 93 minutes.

I would need to disable call forwarding to prevent the usage of minutes?

In my "Recents" history I can see 3 separate phone calls that I did not answer because they were numbers I did not recognize.  How does this reconcile with the fact my history shows 5 separate outgoing calls to voicemail number?

Thanks.

Mayor / Maire

@Bottomshelf wrote:

Hi,

In my "Recents" history I can see 3 separate phone calls that I did not answer because they were numbers I did not recognize.  How does this reconcile with the fact my history shows 5 separate outgoing calls to voicemail number?

Thanks.

Did you use the phone to set up your voicemail? Did you use the phone to check your voicemail?

As for the 7 minutes, I'd be interested to know if this new plan does count voicemail messages being left as minutes. The $10 plan does not. I kinda doubt the $15 plan does but you would be able to test it if you're interested in consuming some of  your minutes or verifying all your calls in the log. Remember too that calls are by the minute. A call that shows as 2:05 will count as 3 minutes.

Hi,

I've never checked my voicemail.  The only time I did use it was to set it up.  So it seems that I will be charged for minutes even if I do not access voicemail.  As long as a caller leaves a message on my voicemail, I will charged for the minutes; not when I access voicemail?

Thanks.

@z10user4 wrote:

@Bottomshelf wrote:

Hi,

Thanks.

Did you use the phone to set up your voicemail? Did you use the phone to check your voicemail?

As for the 7 minutes, I'd be interested to know if this new plan does count voicemail messages being left as minutes. The $10 plan does not. I kinda doubt the $15 plan does but you would be able to test it if you're interested in consuming some of  your minutes or verifying all your calls in the log. Remember too that calls are by the minute. A call that shows as 2:05 will count as 3 minutes.

From my usage history, the 7 minutes has been deducted from my 100 minutes.

No, I did not check voicemail because I normally don't answer calls from numbers I don't recognize.

Mayor / Maire

@Bottomshelf wrote:

Hi,

I've never checked my voicemail.  The only time I did use it was to set it up.  So it seems that I will be charged for minutes even if I do not access voicemail.  As long as a caller leaves a message on my voicemail, I will charged for the minutes; not when I access voicemail?

Thanks.

If you did that initial set up via the phone itself and not from a landline or something then yes that will count as minutes. Checking for voicemails too.

I'm interested to know your observations.

I have the $10 plan. It does NOT count minutes for people leaving voicemails.