cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello

KPlaskitt
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm looking to change my email for my account. I'd like to use an email that I have for an existing account. Is this possible, and how can I get this done?

Much appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@KPlaskitt wrote:

I'm looking to change my email for my account. I'd like to use an email that I have for an existing account. Is this possible, and how can I get this done?

Much appreciated.

Hi, you meant on Self-Serve?  If so, Self-Serve is one account, one email.  So, if you have a second account, it has to be a different email address.  You cannot have the same email address to manage on 2 accounts.    The only trick is to use email alias.  Some email service like Gmail, if you actual email address is myname @ gmail .com.  ,  you can use to setup one account on PM.  Then use something like my.name  @ gmail .com  (adding the dot to your email) and create a 2nd account on PM.    All the email communication from PM will still go to the same gmail mailbox

If you meant your email address used on Public Community here , then you can easily change it by clicking on  your Avatar, then select My Profile.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@KPlaskitt 

the only way to do this is by using an alias.

ie. kplaskitt@gmail.com

kplaskitt+you@gmail.com

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

To change your self serve email then you would need to submit a ticket to a moderator.  If you want to change your community email then you can change it yourself in your community account under personal then settings.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @KPlaskitt... you can change your email address for your Public Mobile account by going through a Moderator.  Unfortunately, it's not a self-serve option.

The best way is to click the chat bubble in the lower-right of your screen and opening a ticket with the SIMon chatbot because it will authenticate and connect your Ticket to your Public Mobile account.  Alternatively, you can message the Moderator Team directly here but they will need to authenticate you separately:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/22...

Need Help? Let's chat.