cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

WalMart

Went to the local Wal Mart to purchase the SIM card.

Their response was more than negative.

Did more research on PM.

Decided you were for me, so I ordered mine through you.

Glad I did.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: WalMart

@Kered13 

This is the problem with Wal-Mart for the most part they don't want to sell you a sim card unless they activate it for you but they might offer you a free sim card. However many of pm's flash sales are only available to you if you activate online not in store. So you have been forced into ordering it from pm and waiting for your sim card. Will it take 3 days or 3 weeks to arrive? Who knows.....but continue to register for each flash sale.

This is the one time of the year it's probably worthwhile waiting as they build up to black Friday. This year being very different from all others but last year those who waited out each successive flash sale in November lucked out and scored a promotion that at the prices at the time was worth over $200 in freebies!!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Oracle

@Kered13 , feedback from Walmart from other customers is rather mixed.  They are known to give away free SIM cards from time to time if you activate in store.  So, experience can be YMMV.  

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Kered13  it's hit or miss at Walmart. They're just Walmart employees. You could always try another Walmart or if there is a London Drugs in your area. 

At Walmart you can just say you want to buy just the sim card. Then activate online at home. If they give you issues. Say you lost your phone and need a new sim for another phone that you have and that you already know how to log into your account to change your sim.

In any event you ordered one now online. Due take note with covid and all people have been reporting 2/3 weeks to receive the sim.

Once you receive it don't forget to use a referral code for a $10 signup bonus. 

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Walmart phone people seem to work for an outside company. If you go there and the phone person is on break, no one else  will or can help you in phone department. That what I have seen in my past experiences.

Walmart will sell you a Sim Card you can bring home.

They do have promotions where it is free, only if you activate in the store. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Kered13 ,

Sorry to hear of the negative experience. 😞

Glad you stuck with PM! 

I hope it will be clear sailing with savings for you from this point on.

🙂

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased a SIM at my local Walmart today.. they insisted that their policy required them to activate it for me, which was a bit of a pain.  However they did apply a free SIM card offer, so I didn't pay anything for the card.  They are somehow separate from Walmart, the guy told another customer he would have to get a Walmart associate to help them with something else in the electronics department.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@dakidd1 that is odd.  I don't think Walmart allows other vendors to sell inside their store.

anyway, how is your service?  Calls and texting in and out ok?  Data ok?

Now go here to create your self-serve account.  Your PIN number will be texted to you.  It will be a 4-digit number.  

Welcome to Public Mobile!  1

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@RosieR wrote:

@dakidd1 that is odd.  I don't think Walmart allows other vendors to sell inside their store.

Um...McDonalds? 🙂 iirc the contracted cell company is something like glentel or something. I'd have to look it up.

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Kered13 

This is the problem with Wal-Mart for the most part they don't want to sell you a sim card unless they activate it for you but they might offer you a free sim card. However many of pm's flash sales are only available to you if you activate online not in store. So you have been forced into ordering it from pm and waiting for your sim card. Will it take 3 days or 3 weeks to arrive? Who knows.....but continue to register for each flash sale.

This is the one time of the year it's probably worthwhile waiting as they build up to black Friday. This year being very different from all others but last year those who waited out each successive flash sale in November lucked out and scored a promotion that at the prices at the time was worth over $200 in freebies!!

View solution in original post

Need Help? Let's chat.