cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

free one-time 5GB of data text.

jukos
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I manage my daughters account and she got a text from pm stating the subject line... is this ligit?

686 REPLIES 686

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@J-L wrote:

@ShawnC13  what about customers who started with PM in another province but have moved to BC or Alberta? My daughter moved to Alberta but kept her original cell number, but her address for her PM account was changed to her Alberta address. She should receive the 5G bonus but she did not receive the txt from PM. 

Correct me if I am wrong.  I think PM uses the area code of BC and AB to send out offer texts.

She may ask moderator for an offer.  YMMV

SherBer60
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Received message today stating "For a limited time, enjoy a free one-time 5GB of data...opt in and get your gift."

My questions are: 

1.  Do we determine when we can use the 5GB of data, or does it got automatically added to the next cycle?; and
2.  Does accepting the one time gift affect current plan/add-ons?

@LurganIeUk wrote:

5G????

5GB is the bonus offer

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@J-L I would assume that since they base their bills taxes on the phone number, she would still be considered to be in the province that her phone number area code is in. Stay safe. 

@J-L wrote:

@ShawnC13  what about customers who started with PM in another province but have moved to BC or Alberta? My daughter moved to Alberta but kept her original cell number, but her address for her PM account was changed to her Alberta address. She should receive the 5G bonus but she did not receive the txt from PM. 

@J-L, it will be based on Area code, I would think.  PM does not verify identity or mailing addresses so this would be the only way to administer this

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

5G????

J-L
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sweet, Free 5G data addon. Thanks PM.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@J-L wrote:

@ShawnC13 , @popping  awww.... Happy for those in BC and Alberta, but very sad... I could REALLY use that extra 5G Bonus. .... Would be really nice if everyone got the bonus!

@J-L   Agree...even though I know it's a response to Shaw's new cell service, it would've been nice (and fairer) to offer something to all PM customers and maybe an extra incentive to customers in BC and Alberta.

popping

@J-L wrote:

@ShawnC13 , @popping  awww.... Happy for those in BC and Alberta, but very sad... I could REALLY use that extra 5G Bonus. .... Would be really nice if everyone got the bonus!

This is an example of the Golden Rule: Whoever has the gold, makes the rules!

This is another PM infamous competitive response.

@OmittedOmen wrote:

@rossputin My best guess (and I emphasize guess) based on the message and experience in Marketing, it’s either in response to newer plans released by Koodo and Virgin today or it was a way to get people to accept marketing messages via text message as the message also mentioned you could reply “STOP” to not receive further marketing messages.  

@OmittedOmen  Actually it's a response to Shaw Mobile rolling out their new cell service in BC and Alberta.  I believe one of their plans offer $0/for unlimited text/talk with an option to buy data.

It takes awhile to send out huge volumes of text messages. If in BC I would give it until tomorrow before worrying about not having received the text yet. It says to reply YES to the text by (Monday) August 24 (presumably 9 PM Pacific & 11:59PM Eastern time zones) 

Any chance that all of these seperate topics about this could get merged into one topic? As always there are many different discussions going now.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

My primary account got it. The referred account hasn't (yet 🙂 ).

OmittedOmen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@rossputin My best guess (and I emphasize guess) based on the message and experience in Marketing, it’s either in response to newer plans released by Koodo and Virgin today or it was a way to get people to accept marketing messages via text message as the message also mentioned you could reply “STOP” to not receive further marketing messages.  

J-L

@Jofranarc walk outside. maybe your phone will receive it sooner 😂

popping

@Jofranarc wrote:

I am in B.C.  my wife got a text with the offer.  I didn’t. Just wondering how I can also get it?

Try sending YES to the short code 5179.  You have nothing to lose but gain.

@Jofranarc wrote:

How do I get the free 1GB of data and 1000 Canada wide minutes?

I don't know - if you find out, please let me know! 🙂

Jofranarc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am in B.C.  my wife got a text with the offer.  I didn’t. Just wondering how I can also get it?

@J-L, regional targeted promo to Alberta and BC

popping

@J-L wrote:

@Julia_T  is this bonus offer going out to everyone? No one in my family has received this text yet, we have all been with PM for a year or more.

Are you from BC or AB?

On the other thread, someone was saying that this offer is for AB and BC only.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Promo/td-p/582164

J-L

@Julia_T  is this bonus offer going out to everyone? No one in my family has received this text yet, we have all been with PM for a year or more.

popping

If this offer is for BC and AB only, PM may be getting lots of subscribers moving to Shaw Mobile $0 call/text and $45/25GB plans.

@gblackma wrote:

@ShawnC13 , @computergeek541  there are 2 different one time promos?

1. 5 gigs
  2. 1gig + 1000 minutes

Thanks.

@gblackma, yes depending on what plan you are on.  It looks like if you are on a limited minute plan you get the 1gb 1000 min offer.  If you have data looks like the 5GB offer

@RossN wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@totalUser wrote:

@Jofranarc 

Can you provide a link to the promo?

We had a similar one with 1 gig and 400 long distance just before winter holidays, but it has expired on 3rd of January.

It's possible that there are more out there not announced here.

If you pass us the link to the rumor we may figure out how to get it

Cheers

@totalUser, there isn't a link.  It is a text message targeted offer to BC and Alberta

@ShawnC13 how wonderful are they trying to alienate the rest of the country?

@RossN, they have done this before in Quebec with a response to plans from Fizz

@ShawnC13 , @computergeek541  there are 2 different one time promos?

1. 5 gigs
  2. 1gig + 1000 minutes

Thanks.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@totalUser wrote:

@Jofranarc 

We had a similar one with 1 gig and 400 long distance just before winter holidays, but it has expired on 3rd of January.

Cheers

@totalUser, there isn't a link.  It is a text message targeted offer to BC and Alberta

@ShawnC13 how wonderful are they trying to alienate the rest of the country?

@gpixel wrote:

@ShawnC13 did you get a text yet?

@gpixel, yes I am on fall promo got the 5gb offer my son is on $15 plan and got 1GB and 1000 minutes

OH YEAH!

Screenshot_20200821-153410-01~2.jpeg

👏🤝🤜🤛💪

@totalUser wrote:

@Jofranarc 

Cheers

Need Help? Let's chat.