cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

Re: calling England

@LurganIeUk wrote:

Yes...I think calling to cell phones may be a higher cost than to a land line. 

An example (non-working) mobile number indeed shows as 0.3c/min: +44 7700 900470

voip.ms rates seem to be all over the place depending on number.. Anywhere from 0.79c/min up to to 38c/min (USD): https://voip.ms/en/rates/international

Rebtel 2c/min CAD, to 4c/min for most mobile numbers.

Goldline/Shaw prepaid long distance: 2c/min for landlines, to 3.5c/min for most mobile numbers

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

So the better deal is the PM add on “if” the numbers are on the ok to call list. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@LurganIeUk 

Pm doesn't distinguish between landlines and mobile phones. There are some "exchanges" that can't be called similar ti the exempt ones for the US but they are few and far between. When I was reviewing long distance rates using Ireland as one of my comparison I think only fido had two rates a couple of cents to landlines but I think it was $0.18/min to mobile phones.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

@LurganIeUk 

Pm doesn't distinguish between landlines and mobile phones. There are some "exchanges" that can't be called similar ti the exempt ones for the US but they are few and far between. When I was reviewing long distance rates using Ireland as one of my comparison I think only fido had two rates a couple of cents to landlines but I think it was $0.18/min to mobile phones.

Right, but they do exclude some numbers. And there has to be a reason. And it is likely a cost issue.  As mentioned VoIP.ms has various rates to call England and if I recall it is based on the service (company) you call into. And I do know from having to fix my MIL’s phone bill that calling from a Telus land line to a land line in England is significantly less than calling a mobile number in England. If it is that important  OP should bite the bullet and buy add on and will have for future use. But....you know......I don’t think we have ever made a call out of North America.....and you know how old I am. 

Can the OP:

Use Skype, using a Skype phone number?

FaceTime audio only?

Or?

Need Help? Let's chat.