Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Valentine day plans?

@darlicious wrote:

@dwdrajesh wrote:

Hi, Any valentine day plans being offered by Public Mobile? I am planning to be a new customer but wanted to wait if there are any cheap plans coming up Smiley Happy

@dwdrajesh  I know your itching to switch. Make sure you have all your ducks in a row before the weekend. A SIM card or the Wal-Mart you intend to go to and back up (As per previous conversations), your account number from rogers, your billing address from your credit card statement and a good understanding of the activation process (read the help articles.) And bring a copy of the promotion (if offered) with you to walmart. And of course your referral code.

Aaaaand, watch over the Walmart rep, and MAKE SURE they input the correct referral code, so both you and the person that provided that code, actually get the reward, so you don't have to come back later, to get a Moderator to straighten it out, like we've all read about here several times recently.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I do not want to port number, I have decided to get a new number. So, do you mean I could get a new sim from walmart now and then activate later? I am not sure they will charge me for just the sim if I dont activate right there?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@dwdrajesh  If you don't activate there you will most definitely be charged for the SIM if they will sell it at all. They are notorious for refusing to sell a SIM without activation. That's why it's been recommended to call ahead to find a location willing to give a free one with an in store activation. If you're just going to buy one go to another retailer like the mobile shop, wow mobile or an independent authorized dealer. Wait until you activate and choose a new number to decide if you want to port. If you have an older number with a more preferable area code and exchange you may want to keep it and port it in.