cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US roaming not working

tamasf
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hmm...so, yesterday, I bought the $15 add-on for 10 days of US roaming talk and text. My phone shows connected to AT&T and has been connected to T-Mobile in other areas. My phone's data roaming setting is turned on and my account shows $15 as the balance (even though I'm in the middle of a $62 30 day plan for Canada).

When I try to send a text, it fails and I get an sms back from Public Mobile saying "Sorry your plan does not include US Roaming text messaging". Same thing with calling.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

@sultanstacy wrote:

My friend has been a public mobile customer. She woke up this morning and her service is disconnected and she is not able to sign in her online account and she has no mean to contact online for help without sign in in her account. Would you be able to help if we provide the SIM card number and phone number to look into what’s happening to her service. Or contact her directly to her home phone number. She is my referral friend. Thanks

@sultanstacy  Ask your friend to dial 611 what happens? 

@sultanstacy 

Your friend can try to reset the password on the self service account.  If that does not work, your friend will need to contact moderator via private messaging to reset password and help with account issues.  

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

The problem is that the moderator wait times are 1-2 days.  

sultanstacy

My friend has been a public mobile customer. She woke up this morning and her service is disconnected and she is not able to sign in her online account and she has no mean to contact online for help without sign in in her account. Would you be able to help if we provide the SIM card number and phone number to look into what’s happening to her service. Or contact her directly to her home phone number. She is my referral friend. Thanks

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hey z_nix

We regret the situation!

We are here to help you but, before we can do that, we need to make sure you’re the account owner.

Please click on the link below and follow the steps: https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/authentication/unique-link/U2FsdGVkX18tJYMfx87Kw6zNvjS66lyI3HVKfKwayWI

After you authenticate, could you please provide us more details what exactly did not work.

Did you get any error messages while trying to sending a text or making a call ?

Were you able to receive text message and /or phone calls or not?

Friendly yours,

Silvio_M

z_nix

Yes, base plan active. 

In the account page, in the overview tab, I can see my plan and the add-on i purchased (yes i've done the 2 step add-on already)

What's frustrating is that I need 20 days in US.

First 10 days, same issue. But because I still need to use the phone in the US, I am forced to purchase another set of data/phone add-on.

On my acount it shows I've used this usage

US Roaming - 500 MB Data (10-day) 0.020 / 500 MB

And yet I haven't been getting data all day or since I added this add-on. This has been the most frustrating experience I've had with Public (Telus). As soon as this is done with, I'm 100% leaving this network. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@z_nix wrote:

It is showing that I am on T-Mobile. I have tried switching network and going on and off roaming. Restarting phone. NOTHING WORKS!

I have paid for the service twice already and both times does not work. Public has basically ripped me off. 

And your base plan is still active?

Officially, you're supposed to have talk in your base plan as well but I've heard that it would work anyway.

z_nix

It is showing that I am on T-Mobile. I have tried switching network and going on and off roaming. Restarting phone. NOTHING WORKS!

I have paid for the service twice already and both times does not work. Public has basically ripped me off. 

@tamasf wrote:

Nevermind! I got it. 

For some reason when I selected the 10 days and paid for it yesterday, it only added a credit to my account. I had to select buying the 10 day plan again today, and now it works.

That is correct purchasing add-ons is a two step process

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

tamasf

Nevermind! I got it. 

For some reason when I selected the 10 days and paid for it yesterday, it only added a credit to my account. I had to select buying the 10 day plan again today, and now it works.

Need Help? Let's chat.