cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming Plan Purchased

MattOn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just purchased and paid for US Roaming, talk, text and data for 20.00.

For some reason is not showing  on our add-ons, though the payment is showing as being accepted.

Also we paid 20.00, the cost of the plan, and then charged us an additional 5.00 .. for what? 

Very confounded here. 

10 REPLIES 10

@MattOn wrote:

Seems to be ok now after doing the process again. 

Hi @MattOn thank you for letting us know.  It is always good to hear that a fellow customer's issue/problem is resolved.  Yay!  Now enjoy your stay in the U.S.

If you have any further questions, we are here to help

Aloha

RosieR

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MattOn : If you're willing...maybe you could help the community in observing how the roaming add-ons are working when re-buying them. I don't think we're sure about which midnight. We don't think it's immediately after 240 hours. We wonder if it's after midnight of that 240 hours. Or is it a whole other 24 hours. Or is it a whole other day and that midnight.

@MattOn 

Check your payment history this will show your added funds and your plan or add on purchases. If the add on shows in your payment history but not in your overview then contact the moderators to correct it. Remember your 10 day roaming add on starts immediately running on a 24 hour clock so it will expire in 240 hours. The next roaming add on if needed cannot be purchased til after midnight eastern the next day. Do not purchase two roaming add ons that contain a "talk" feature or they will basically cancel each other out.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@MattOn wrote:

I followed all the steps, and paid the 20.00 this add on costs. 

Then was asked to pay another 5.00. 

Still the plan is not showing on my account.

@MattOn    What plan do you have?  $20 sounds like a roaming add-on for travel to the US and you need an active domestic plan in order to purchase roaming or domestic add-ons.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MattOn : Right. That's the non-intuitive 2 steps. It's goofy. We know. But glad you figured it out.

MattOn

Seems to be ok now after doing the process again. 

@MattOn wrote:

@MattOn sign out of your account. And then reboot your phone.

Sign back into Self Serve.

Does that help?

Can you show a snippet of your payment history (blocking out personal info.)?

MattOn

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@MattOn wrote:

For some reason is not showing  on our add-ons, though the payment is showing as being accepted.

Also we paid 20.00, the cost of the plan, and then charged us an additional 5.00 .. for what? 

Very confounded here. 

@MattOn   Purchasing add-ons is a two step, first add funds then purchase the add-on which is what you need to do now.  Hopefully you are going to the US immediately (or there already) as that roaming is to be used in the US and is usable for 10 days from moment of purchase.

All plans are net of taxes so final price you pay would include your provincial taxes too.  Hopefully you've added a CC/Visa Debit card to get the autopay $2 discount per cycle.

Edit:  nvd, @esjliv  said it all much quicker.  But yes what $20 plan as there is none?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@MattOn wrote:

Very confounded here. 

@MattOn ,

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!

EDIT: Sorry didn't realize your 2nd question/issue.

All Plans are charged taxes.

What plan is $20? Or are you referring to the addon?

NOTE: you must be in the U.S.A. for the roaming addon to work.

Need Help? Let's chat.