Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Purchased the $15 plan and now in US, it’s not working

13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@remxman wrote:

How do I find the carrier

@remxman 

Your phone should have an area to see the network you're on and be able to manually scan for and select others.

Since you found this roaming thread, are you sure you added funds first and then purchased the add-on? It's a bit of a non-intuitive 2-step process.

remxman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I find the carrier

Getoverit62184

Did you ever get yours working?

Getoverit62184

Hey,

i am not 100% sure on how? I keep trying but it does not seem to load. I think I did... but I am not sure. 

@Getoverit62184 

Did you submit a ticket or private message a moderator?  Moderators usually don't directly respond on the community forum.  

Getoverit62184

@Getoverit62184 @BungaMawas 

I wonder if there is a system issue with US roaming add ons.  Several people have had issues today according to the community forum.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/US-Add-on-not-recognized-even-though-li...

Might want to submit ticket to moderator to check out your account then.

Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Select ATT or T Mobile and restart your phone.

BungaMawas
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Mine is not working either.  This morning I paid $30 for 1GB of data but 6 hrs later I still have no data .  I can see  T mobile on the upper left corner of my screen but when I try to use the internet,I get a message that I am off line.  Restarting  my phone doesn't help.

@Getoverit62184 

A few things to try:

1. Reboot phone

2. Toggle airplane mode on, then off

3.  Manually select your carrier.  Either AT&T or T mobile.  Try one first, if that does not work, try the other.  

Getoverit62184

Thank you. I have used the US roaming before. I did in fact pay the $15 and then apply that to add the US roaming. I wish the fix was that simple. 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@Getoverit62184To clarify did you purchase a $15 by itself or did you purchase the $15 add on? Those are 2 seperate things. If you only purchase the former you still need to purchase the add on.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Getoverit62184 wrote:

Purchased the $15 plan and now in US, it’s not working

Enable roaming on your phone.  Turn off and on your phone after arrive at your destination.  Your phone will connect to AT&T or T-Mobile network.

Need Help? Let's chat.