cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two phones on one plan

jafi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am a Windows Mobile phone user who is reluctantly moving to Android. My Alcatel IDOL 4S is on on life support while Microsoft and third-parties withdraw support. As Redmond pushes out some very promising applications for the Android and iOS platforms, my Samsung Galaxy A8 is getting closer to the Microsoft-centric user experience I want. My problem is I need an inexpensive plan that will allow me to regress to my Windows phone whenever I need a reminder of how good Windows Mobile had finally become after a decade of often unimpressive development. Thirty minutes of voice messaging a month would suffice and if available less than 1 gigabyte of data communications. Any suggestions. One number but would be ideal but I don't expect that.

5 REPLIES 5

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@jafi  Take a look at the $15 plan. Unlimited incoming calls, unlimited texts, 100 minutes outgoing calls and 250MB for $13 every 30 days with AutoPay enabled.

jafi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for your reply.

Two plans and two SIMs presently looks like the only practical way. As my Android phone has more data than I need and wi-fi is so prevalent for my other device, I think a “talk and text”only option may be likely best for my Windows Mobile phone. TELUS’ $100 a year plan is what I have used and perhaps still best for my needs. I prefer the TELUS-Bell network which is shared by their captive service providers KOODO and Public Mobile.

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Lowufo wrote:

Each phone would require its own plan and sim card unless you wanted to share the sim card between devices. But only one device at a time would work if you shared the sim card.

@jafi 

Agree you can always switch sim cards between your phones anytime.  

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I think you can only have 1 phone on a plan at Public Mobile.

The $25 plan will give you unlimited text and talk and 500 MB of data. If you enable autopay you will save $2 every month and get a bonus of 500 MB data, 1 GB every month! That's $23 a month and if you stay loyal for a year you save another dollar each month!

Right now Public Mobile has holiday gifts of 400 international minutes and 1GB of data add-ons which mean once they are used up they expire. They are only used when you run out of minutes or data in your plan.

Using a referral code will give you a $10 credit covering the sim card.

Lowufo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Each phone would require its own plan and sim card unless you wanted to share the sim card between devices. But only one device at a time would work if you shared the sim card.

Need Help? Let's chat.