cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming included in plans?

kelly_munroe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Not too long ago there was a promo plan that included us roaming and data for I believe 60/month....will we ever be getting that option again? I am in the us frequently and purchasing the 10 day add ins and having a 10 day expiry is not useful and is very expensive.....

9 REPLIES 9

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I'd love to see easy roam equivalents. Per 1 day charges. International ability. I only say that  knowing public mobile uses telus which does have capability all around the world. Would be nice to see. Not for free of course. It's strange in my eyes that it's not available now, even if it has to be a prepaid add-on. Those places should be able to treat our Sims as telus Sims ... Would love seeing this open up some time ! 🙂

@CannonFodder 

And if the system DID blow a gasket...would be notice or be able to tell that something had changed?

@AE_Collector wrote:

I wish PM would consider either adding some 30 day roaming options OR allow one to buy multiple 10 day add ons up front that would run one after the other. 

Not that I need any use of roaming, at least not now, but yeah, it DOES seem rather odd that they're set at 10 day increments. I kinda wonder if they did the 30 day option you mention, if the system would blow a gasket? 😉 

Yes but Mint Mobile has such OBNOXIOUS TV commercials. Would really make me stay away from them! (I know, I know....)

I wish PM would consider either adding some 30 day roaming options OR allow one to buy multiple 10 day add ons up front that would run one after the other. 

AE_Collector

Roam mobility is a granddaddy of roaming options for Canadians in the US. It's a Canadian company, and you can buy their SIMs in various convenience stores in Canada, or have them shipped to you in Canada, and activate them online and specify a start date before you leave.

Nice if you want to avoid sourcing and activating a SIM while in the US.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Check mintmobility.com who offer plans for extended periods when you are in the US.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @kelly_munroe 

There was crtc hearing last month and if they open the doors to true mvnos we will see lots of changes.

Canadian company TextNow offers sim in use with free unlimited talk and text cost to coast, you only pay $10 for sim. But they are not allowed to operate here in Canada. If the doors open we'll see lots of charges, I bc suspect roaming as data add-ons will become more affordable. But that's over big if.

If they do bring such plan back it will be closer to summer

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@kelly_munroe  as far as I know, they aren't bringing back the friends and family plan. It's cheaperr to get a local Sim when in the US. 

@kelly_munroe wrote:

Not too long ago there was a promo plan that included us roaming and data for I believe 60/month....will we ever be getting that option again? I am in the us frequently and purchasing the 10 day add ins and having a 10 day expiry is not useful and is very expensive.....

Roaming is not included in any of the currently offered plans. As to if that will be offered again, your guess is as good as anyone else's.

Need Help? Let's chat.